No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'd suggest there is some negative PR from Canelo not fighting GGG. Although if they can make GGG the guy who won't go to 155, who won't accept 90/10 or other things Oscar is throwing out there it lessens or takes away the blow completely.

You say all that & I even say Canelo beats GGG, but the reality remains that Oscar seems to not wanna make this fight without a bunch of bells & whistles involved. Seems like you just offer GGG a $3M-$6M purse, a 155-158 catchweight & get this fight made on Cinco De Mayo 2016.
    You presume they actually want to make the fight. Like one person who responded to your post already said, he's trying to save Canelo from a career-altering beatdown while still pretending like he tried to make the fight happen.

Comment

• odlh is right in trying to get a huge pay out for canelo, as most likely it will be the last time he gets that kind of money, ggg will put a beating on him that if he doesn't retire he'll be shot to pieces

Comment

• Originally posted by djt117 View Post
        You presume they actually want to make the fight. Like one person who responded to your post already said, he's trying to save Canelo from a career-altering beatdown while still pretending like he tried to make the fight happen.
        Pretending to try to make the fight probably won't endear GBP to HBO at a time when they presumably need HBO.

Not sure GBP is in the best situation to be playing games with HBO and Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Seems 100% fair
          900k ppvs eats 97k ppvs
          No: 100% would be fair (not 90%)... And GGG to bring some money from home too.

Comment

• 90-10 lol. Thats just disrespectful, i thought they atleast offered like 80-20.

Comment

• They are basically asking GGG to fight him for free.

Comment

Working...
              X