Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto should've gotten disqualified.... no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
      This is not a hate thread on Cotto, was rooting for him to beat Marg.

From what i remember, Cotto was pushing Marg on the rematch. Even Steward said something about it but more of a complement.

Khan on the other hand was push more compare to Cotto-Marg in his fight against Peterson.
      Lol, pushing so they can have enough room to run. /thread

Comment

Cotto pushed and pulled Margarito, he physically dominated him

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Pushing is part of the sport, everybody knows this, just like clinching. They maybe "illegal" but they are allowed in almost every bout.

Those arguing different types of pushing are more acceptable then others are morons because pushing is illegal no matter which way you look at it or how many times you do it.

You cant pick and choose which pushing you find acceptable since all of pushing is considered by the rules illegal.
          You shouldn't be so quick to call people morons. The reason that although it's illegal it's often allowed, is because of the low intesity or occurrence, in a particluar fight. In Khan's case it was violent pushing, really "strong-arming" at times, rather jolting, with both arms fully extended.So it was very noticeable and completely unlike the generally minor pushing which is overlooked.

Actually it reminded me of the way a guy who's looking for a fight behaves in a bar.

A good ref just couldn't overlook it. And I thought that Cooper was a good ref.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            You shouldn't be so quick to call people morons. The reason that although it's illegal it's often allowed, is because of the low intesity or occurrence, in a particluar fight. In Khan's case it was violent pushing, really "strong-arming" at times, rather jolting, with both arms fully extended.So it was very noticeable and completely unlike the generally minor pushing which is overlooked.

Actually it reminded me of the way a guy who's looking for a fight behaves in a bar.

A good ref just couldn't overlook it. And I thought that Cooper was a good ref.
            A moron is just just below "low mormal". A "cretin", would be more apt.

Comment

Pushing is pushing but shoving is a lot different. Imo Cotto was doing it in a settle way, after a combo and or while turning Marg...Khans was a...I don't like u in my chest, gtfo me shove!! I think there was a big difference between the two. With that said, I still don't think 2 points should of been taken without a hard warning...I agree with 1 tho!

Comment

as Larry Merchant said, "Maybe there's no crying in boxing, but no pushing? Come on!"

Comment

It varies from state to state. Some are more strict with the rules, others are not.

Same thing applies to pretty much every rule and other elements like judging, refereeing - etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
                    Pushing is pushing but shoving is a lot different. Imo Cotto was doing it in a settle way, after a combo and or while turning Marg...Khans was a...I don't like u in my chest, gtfo me shove!! I think there was a big difference between the two. With that said, I still don't think 2 points should of been taken without a hard warning...I agree with 1 tho!
                    Khan got a point taken in rd 7 for shoving with the elbow. NO warning was needed in the 12th round for the same foul. You only get warned once.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      We should go back and review all the fights, ALL OF THEM, and deduct points whenever it occurs because clearly pushing is a foul and should be treated as such. Mayweather would be about 5-37 including when he ILLEGALLY dips his head below the waist and of course clinches, another illegal foul. In fact, I don't think anyone in boxing has really won a fight legally, unless it's like a 1 punch 8 second KO. Everyone else are some cheaters!

What on earth?????? This is the type of post the reason why i dont post anymore. Well i do pics and gifs but, no words my goodness what you typed is completely, utterly

Comment

Working...
                      X