Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jermall Charlo interested in the Jacobs fight or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
    Jermall is looking unbeatable at the moment. The guy is brutally putting these fighters to sleep. Jacobs looked awful his last fight, no way he gets past Charlo. Charlo and Golovkin is interesting, I haven't seen Charlo's chin tested yet, what happens when he gets hit, does he retreat or does he fight? I definitely see him giving a highlight reel KO of Jacobs though, GGG idk.
    Both GGG and Jacobs are fighting guys on a lot higher level than Charlo's.

That's what we know thus far and it has to be taken into consideration.

Comment

Jacobs just fought Saturday. Lets let everything reset a bit & idk why we shouldn't be hearing some serious rumblings about this fight being made within the month if both want it.

And I don't see why either wouldn't want it with things getting pushed back a lil with GGG vs Canelo II. Division is bottlenecked like a mofo. If you make an attempt to stand out you probably got a solid chance at bumping yourself higher up in the line

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Of course he is. Don't be ridiculous.

Charlo is in the prime of his life, undefeated and knocking everybody out. He's looking like a fuking stud and is about to make big money. Debut on HBO against a decently big star? Makes sense.

I'm expecting the Charlo bros to sign with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom USA. They need to be on HBO imo.
        With that budget??????

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          With that budget??????
          Who's budget? Eddie's? have you checked the purses recently? The guys on Eddie's undercards make more than Charlo.

Hearn will announce some HBO deal in a few weeks, and be sure he'll try to sign these flailing PBC 'stars'.

My guess is he'll at least attempt to sign the charlo bros, spence, maybe tank and Wilder (in connection with the AJ fight). but we'll see.

Comment

Not right now, he doesn't. I don't think he is scared or anything, he just knows it is not a sure-fire win and right now Charlo is mandatory for the WBC belt. G and Canelo are both on the same level as Jacobs, but g and Canelo will pay a lot more.

Charlo wants his title shot first. Jacobs wants to get another title shot. That is why he is pushing for the fight. If Jacobs was mandatory for a belt g has, and Charlo wasn't, that Charlo would want the fight and Jacobs wouldn't. I don't agree with it, because I always want to see the best fight the best. And Charlo and Jacobs are two elite fighters. But the only reason Jacobs wants that fight is to get another title shot and the $ that comes with it. Charlo will get his title shot and the $ that comes with it as long as he does not lose a fight before the WBC mandates the fight (which the IBF and the other belt g has gets to decide first. Canelo was the wbc mandatory so they go to the back of the line.)

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Who's budget? Eddie's? have you checked the purses recently? The guys on Eddie's undercards make more than Charlo.

Hearn will announce some HBO deal in a few weeks, and be sure he'll try to sign these flailing PBC 'stars'.

My guess is he'll at least attempt to sign the charlo bros, spence, maybe tank and Wilder (in connection with the AJ fight). but we'll see.
              Quigg got $200k as a main event against Valdez. Charlo got $500k as an undercard fighter. What are you talking about? Eddie Hearn is a non factor over here. He's got Jacobs begging for a Charlo fight when Charlo should be begging for a Jacobs fight. Jacobs last two fights haven't sold enough tickets to cover the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                Jermall is looking unbeatable at the moment. The guy is brutally putting these fighters to sleep. Jacobs looked awful his last fight, no way he gets past Charlo. Charlo and Golovkin is interesting, I haven't seen Charlo's chin tested yet, what happens when he gets hit, does he retreat or does he fight? I definitely see him giving a highlight reel KO of Jacobs though, GGG idk.
                Centeno the last fighter that Charlo fought didn't win a single round against Sulecki. He got stopped by Sulecki a guy with a poor KO ratio. Think about that. Charlo may be the real deal but based on his performances at Middle he hasn't shown enough to convince me. Jacobs would have also annihilated Centeno.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 04-30-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I think he is interested. He says he is wants to fight Jacobs and Jacobs says he wants to fight Jermall. It's a great and logical fight. If neither man is offered a title shot and they don't fight each other then one or both of them are not as interested as they say they are.

Comment

Yup Jacobs is now some elite killer since leaving Showtime and signing with Hearn and HBO. His biggest win is against Kid Chocolate who never really did much in boxing. That win was with Showtime and now after 2 fights with Hearn and HBO, his biggest win is still against Kid Chocolate. You can go from a glass jaw bum that fought on Showtime to some elite killer just by singing to HBO.

Comment

Nice try

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      What exactly is he doing to make the fight happen?
                      Fans need to know.
                      Golovkin will get to fight his "winless in three years" junior middleweight Vanes Martirosyan, vacate the IBF belt, and then wait on Saul Alvarez to make his decision.

If Alvarez chooses a different fight, Golovkin will be left with having to fight Billy Joe Saunders, Jermall Charlo, or Daniel Jacobs, all three in fights that Golovkin and his camp want no part of before he gets his cash out payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X