• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    what good is an era if a dude isnt going to fight anyone in it

''tucker was undefeated'' !!!!
    true yet truly hysterical !!!!!

Huh?, He did fight the guys of his era, Holyfield, Lewis, Ruddock, Bruno, Tucker, Golota. Yeah he lost when he stepped up, but I never said he was the best of his era. The talent, competition and depth of the Heavyweights back then was a lot better than the Klitschko era.

Bruh my point wasn't to Tyson, but to the Heavyweights of that era.

Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield, Tyson, Tua, Mercer, Ibeabuchi, Briggs, Ruddock, Bruno, Rahman, Grant, Golota, etc.,etc...That is my point. The Heavyweights back then were way, way better than the Klitschko era. That's fact. That can't be disputed and that is what I've been saying this whole time. #True That!
    Last edited by True That; 06-23-2018, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
      Huh?, He did fight the guys of his era, Holyfield, Lewis, Ruddock, Bruno, Tucker, Golota. Yeah he lost when he stepped up, but I never said he was the best of his era. The talent, competition and depth of the Heavyweights back then was a lot better than the Klitschko era.

Bruh my point wasn't to Tyson though, but to the Heavyweights of that era.

Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield, Tyson, Tua, Mercer, Ibeabuchi, Briggs, Ruddock, Bruno, Rahman, Grant, Golota, etc.,etc...That is my point. The Heavyweights back then were way, way better than the Klitschko era. That's fact. That can't be disputed and that is what I've been saying this whole time. #True That!
      dont care where you went....my point ALL ALONG was tysons sad ''best of....''
      again, tyson himself doesnt mention those YOU did (other than holy).

i think were done here. at least i am.

Comment

AND my point wasn't to his list of choices, but to the era of Heavyweights between Tyson's era and Klitschko's era. That is why I said Klitschko's was the weakest Best I faced list I've seen, because that list speaks to how Klitschko's era was so weak that those are the names he came up with. Klitschko didn't have any other choices to choose from as far as boxers where as Mike did, Mike had plenty of boxers from his era to choose from. That's what I'm talking about.

But I agree that some of the choices on Mike's list are bizarre asf. But Mike is a bizarre dude, maybe he was medicated when they asked him those questions, Lol. You would suspect to hear different names, but I guess that is Mike's opinion. I have Klitschko's list even more sad though, only because Klitschko's era was weak compared to the Tyson-Holyfield-Lewis era.

But anyway, sure we can end it. I certainly don't want us to crowd this thread with this.

So I am done with this as well.
        Last edited by True That; 06-23-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Robert Guerrero

BEST JAB
          Joel Casamayor: When we used to spar at Joe Goossen’s gym, Joel showed me how to use a stiff jab. When we fought, I had never hit the canvas in any fight, amateur or pro, until the final round of our bout, where Casamayor caught me with a flash knockdown using his jab. He’s a master with his jab.

BEST DEFENSE
          Mayweather: His elusiveness is second to none. It seemed like every time I tried to land a big shot, he was already 10 steps ahead of me. By far the best defensive fighter I’ve faced.

BEST CHIN
          Yoshihiro Kamegai: Man, I hit this guy with everything I got and he still kept coming. If you look at all his fights, he’s always taking shots from big punchers. Kamegai has an incredible chin.

FASTEST HANDS
          Malcolm Klassen: At the lighter weights, you’ll see guys with fast hands and that was the case when I fought Klassen. We fought at junior lightweight and his hand speed was amazing. As you can see, he’s still going strong, winning another world title (Klassen won the IBO junior lightweight title against Jack Asis in early August). Floyd was more of a potshot puncher.

FASTEST FEET
          Mayweather: His lateral movement, I’ve never seen anything like it. You don’t really know how good Floyd’s feet are until you fight him. He’s very fast on his feet, which makes him hard to hit.

SMARTEST
          Mayweather: If you watch the first few rounds of our fight, you see that I was winning on the inside. Floyd thought I wasn’t going to have much power as I was coming up from 122 pounds, at one point in my career. He was trying to stand his ground and fight me on the inside in the first two rounds but I caught him with a nice body blow and he made the adjustment. He certainly used his brain to win the fight.

STRONGEST
          Thurman: Physically he’s very strong and you can feel it when the fight gets on the inside. He’s actually a natural 154-pounder fighting at 147, so you can imagine how strong he is. He’s just got that natural strength. Some people are just born strong.

BEST PUNCHER
          Thurman: Thurman really knows how to put all his power behind his punches. Even when he’s moving laterally, he finds a way to land a big shot from a weird angle. He has power in both hands.

BEST SKILLS
          Mayweather: He put everything together and made the proper adjustments in all his fights. He’s not the biggest puncher but his skills are arguably the best ever.

BEST OVERALL
          Mayweather: Floyd is the total package. His superior speed, ring IQ, fast feet make him very difficult to beat, hence the reason he retired undefeated. No one was ever able to figure him out.

Comment

• Wow what a fawking thread! This is by far the best thread here. It’s amazing to read what the boxers thought. I love how some are arrogant about speed and power naming themselves lol love this damn thread!

Comment

Why the fawk do you even care? The man was in the ring with those boxers not you. Mike fought way better opponents than vlad. It’s not even close. That other poster is right about the HW division was by far better than the Klitschko era. But at the same time klit did what he had to do it’s not his fault that the era was weak

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Why the fawk do you even care? The man was in the ring with those boxers not you. Mike fought way better opponents than vlad. It’s not even close. That other poster is right about the HW division was by far better than the Klitschko era. But at the same time klit did what he had to do it’s not his fault that the era was weak
                ribalta, tubbs, green

take your complaints up with mike.

btw, mikes resume sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post

True That, it's not either of the Klitschko's fault that they fought in a weak era. It just happened that way. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
                    Robert Guerrero has a Best I Faced interview, I didn't see it on here. I'll post it for you.

Good stuff sir, does Winky Wright have a Best I Faced, also Vitali Klitschko? I know Erik Morales has one, I read his.

Good stuff bro, keep these coming!
                    Cheers mate :ANYWORD:

I found this one by Morales. He seems to be holding that Barrera grudge still

Erik Morales - September 2010

Best puncher: Jones I really felt it when he connected. I remember freezing for a second in the second round of our fight when he caught me with a right hand.

Quickest hands: Pacquiao Pacquiao had the quickest hands. Jones was faster with single punches from the outside, but Pacquiao could deliver four or five quick, short punches in combination in the blink of an eye. Both guys had the kind of speed that you couldnt see.

Quickest feet: Hector Acero-Sanchez He kept running or walking around the ring the entire fight. I never knew where he was going or what he was going to do. I just wanted to fight. It was a frustrating night.

Best defense: Acero-Sanchez I had a hard time finding him. He kept his gloves up and he never stopped moving in and out and around me.

Best chin: In-Jin Chi That was one very tough guy. I should have knocked him out with the number of hard punches I landed to his chin, but he just kept coming forward all night. He was strong and he had great conditioning.

Best jab: Zahir Raheem - Everything he did was off his jab. That was his key punch. He was all about the jab, and that jab gave me trouble.

Strongest: Pacquiao Often guys who are as muscular looking as he is aren't that strong in the ring, but he is strong. Very strong. Chi was physically strong, too. He had the strength to push me around and wrestle with me on the inside, but Pacquiao was more explosive. He is a very powerful man in the ring.

Smartest: Raheem I never liked the way he fought and I didn't like that fight for me. I knew it would be difficult. I didn't have the best camp for Raheem, but even if I had had a great camp, he would have been frustrating because he's so cagey.
                    I haven't came across the Vitali or a Wright one yet, but i will keep an eye out :ANYWORD:
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 06-23-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Cheers mate :ANYWORD:

I found this one by Morales. He seems to be holding that Barrera grudge still

I haven't came across the Vitali or a Wright one yet, but i will keep an eye out :ANYWORD:

Cool, good stuff! Awesome thread! Thank you for making this thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X