I Walk in His Shadow: Ray Mancini vs Duk-Koo Kim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Walk in His Shadow: Ray Mancini vs Duk-Koo Kim

https://imgur.com/gallery/e68bfll

This was tough to watch, and even tougher to write about. RIP Duk, wish Ray all the best.

Originally posted by escudo View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/e68bfll

This was tough to watch, and even tougher to write about. RIP Duk, wish Ray all the best.
    I saw it on TV as a teenager, it bothered me a lot, his corner should have realized he was getting pounded. Face first fighters tend to get pounded.

Comment

Brutally honest and well written. And the 12 rounds showed later that one can still die in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Brutally honest and well written. And the 12 rounds showed later that one can still die in there.
        These days you have guys getting killed after six rounds of a bad beating

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          These days you have guys getting killed after six rounds of a bad beating
          Yeah, all it takes is one well placed punch really or enough hard punches in the same spot. Fights will probably be 10 rounds eventually. These guys need to build up that endurance.

Comment

Fights will probably be 10 rounds eventually.
            Still, it won't protect the fighter. Lately, we read about ice hockey players who after "only" two or three concussions (and hockey players don't take blows to the head on a regular basis) have had their post-career lives ruined.

But I have to confess - we who are old enough to have been there, when 15-rounders took place, we miss them. A 15-rounder always meant something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
              Still, it won't protect the fighter. Lately, we read about ice hockey players who after "only" two or three concussions (and hockey players don't take blows to the head on a regular basis) have had their post-career lives ruined.

But I have to confess - we who are old enough to have been there, when 15-rounders took place, we miss them. A 15-rounder always meant something special.
              It sure won't, but 10 rounders will be more TV friendly, just like 12 rounders became and will draw more fans in our ever increasing short attention span society.

Comment

Yeah, all it takes is one well placed punch really or enough hard punches in the same spot. Fights will probably be 10 rounds eventually. These guys need to build up that endurance.
                Half a round fights in the year 2155

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Half a round fights in the year 2155
                  Yeah or 2 minute rounds, like women's boxing or 90 seconds.

Comment

Yeah or 2 minute rounds, like women's boxing or 90 seconds.
                    Which they are now trying to raise to 3 minutes

Comment

Working...
                    X