No announcement yet.

Size does matters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    Sometimes a much bigger fighters beat a skilled smaller fighter. 6'1 Jarret Hurd beat 5'8" Erislandy Lara.
    They had Hurd listed at 5 '11 and Lara at 5'9 but it did look like the height difference was a bit more than that...I would guess there was a 3 inch difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      They had Hurd listed at 5 '11 and Lara at 5'9 but it did look like the height difference was a bit more than that...I would guess there was a 3 inch difference.
      He looks like a legit 6'1" if Lara is indeed 5'9" Lara is taller than 5'8" Canelo.

Comment

There are weight classes but there are no height classes. At the weigh in Lara was 153.5 and Hurd was 153. On fight night Hurd weighed 163 to Lara's 162. They are almost identical in weight. Much of the fight was fought at close range where Hurd's height and reach were of no advantage, Actually Lara did his best work at mid to long range. Both men fought with skill and courage. Hurd won a close fight because he was stronger with more stamina, a higher work rate and more punching power not because he was taller.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          I know. That's why your girl ran to me.
          Who?? Me and Your mom are having an affair.

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
            3” in height and 20-30lbs in weight
            They both did what they had to do and Hurd knows how to use his advantages but I feel bad for Lara
            20 to 30 pounds in weight? You weren't paying attention. Lara was 162 in the ring and Hurd was 163 in the ring. That's a gigantic 1 pound weight advantage for Hurd. For Hurd to have the 20-30 lbs weight advantage Hurd would have had to weigh 183 to 193 pounds. But he only weighed 163. Those are the facts. Hurd being a weight bully is a fantasy for those who don't like him. He is a full grown 27 year old man who make 154 with a pound to spare and only gains 9 pounds when lots of 154 pound boxers put on 12 to 15 pounds between the weigh in and the fight. He can fight at 154 as long as he wants to.

Comment

What were the fight night weights?

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                what? are you affected that floyd is a bully?
                That doesn't make sense tard

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  20 to 30 pounds in weight? You weren't paying attention. Lara was 162 in the ring and Hurd was 163 in the ring. That's a gigantic 1 pound weight advantage for Hurd. For Hurd to have the 20-30 lbs weight advantage Hurd would have had to weigh 183 to 193 pounds. But he only weighed 163. Those are the facts. Hurd being a weight bully is a fantasy for those who don't like him. He is a full grown 27 year old man who make 154 with a pound to spare and only gains 9 pounds when lots of 154 pound boxers put on 12 to 15 pounds between the weigh in and the fight. He can fight at 154 as long as he wants to.
                  That's the morning weigh in iirc... I don't believe Hurd was only 163 lbs and I don't have an issue with either guy, so there's no bias... Lara literally looked like a kid in there in comparison.

Comment

Hurd looked huge compared to Lara. I'm no expert but I have been around boxing gyms for a while. There's no way Hurd was only 1 pound heavier than Lara on the night of the fight.

That's the morning weigh in iirc... I don't believe Hurd was only 163 lbs and I don't have an issue with either guy, so there's no bias... Lara literally looked like a kid in there in comparison.
                    Like you, I have no issue with Hurd. I'm sure Lara knew what to expect on fight night. That being said, it does seem a bit unfair when you see how the weight advantage can effects certain fights.....

Comment

Lara was old and inactive

Comment

Working...
                      X