Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who think Mike Tyson was overrated, I have a challenge for you here:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from his promotional antics, you basically summarized why he was overrated. People liked seeing a smaller guy with an aggressive style beat up on large, less skilled opponents. People loved that back when Dempsey beat Willard.

You seem to be under the impression that this was some big secret or that people forgot about his size disadvantage. No. It was part of the appeal.

I see the fun in that, but it doesn't make him the greatest boxer of all time nor warrant all the attention his private life received.

Size is simply part of the sport at heavyweight. You don't get extra points for being smaller.
    Last edited by ////; 05-04-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      i understand that tyson represented the KIND of fighter the sport was begging for. he just couldnt live up to that representation when up against quality guys.

blame it king, jail, partying......

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        i understand that tyson represented the KIND of fighter the sport was begging for. he just couldnt live up to that representation when up against quality guys.

blame it king, jail, partying......
        No King....no jail...no partying...he's still not all that.

Comment

No King....no jail...no partying...he's still not all that.
          those headlines, doe !

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
            those headlines, doe !
            hahahaha

He was indeed a one man circus.

When Mike told Ruddock that he would put a dress on him and make him his b*tch

Razor calmly replied:

"We have to excuse Brother Tyson...he wasn't raised in a loving family like you and I"

The best comeback EVER.

Comment

Is OP Elroy?

nvm.

Comment

hahahaha

Razor calmly replied:

"We have to excuse Brother Tyson...he wasn't raised in a loving family like you and I"

The best comeback EVER.
                a proper retort, indeed
                lennox did his without saying a word

Comment

hahahaha

Razor calmly replied:

The best comeback EVER.
                  Idk man...ruddock looked pretty annoyed when mike said "you're sweet...ima make sure you kiss me good with those big lips."

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    Idk man...ruddock looked pretty annoyed when mike said "you're sweet...ima make sure you kiss me good with those big lips."
                    The only one that looked annoyed was Mike when Razor made that epic retort.

He made Mike look like the damn fool that he is.

Comment

In terms of pure style, mike used one of the most, if not the most difficult style. Where are all the other top fighters who used the peek a boo style the way tyson did. It requires near perpetual motion and a level of athleticism and control that has to be respected, even by tyson haters. It was really a thing of beauty to behold, especially from a heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X