Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL! Ring Becomes Bigger Joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt see any mma stuff. But **** it. Why not? MMA is on the rise so might as well. Does mma even have an official magazine? Cause if not it can be Ring magazine

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Eh - basketball isn't played in a rink - but MMA and kickboxing sure are in a ring.

It is possible for them to still be "the bible of boxing". Just because they now do other things as well, doesn't mean they are automatically worse at what they started with.

It's a changing world dude, seriously. It would be idiotic business for them to not change with the times. Avoiding the complainers won't keep them in business.
      About 10 years ago almost every store in my location sold Ring. No longer. I can't even find it anywhere.

In keeping track of the Ring website since they started, they changed the site, the name and the domain at least 10 times. Obviously whatever they are doing is NOT working.

I think they lost a lot of traction when Golden Boy bought them as their credibility took a slam. They ignored every scandal related to Oscar or Golden Boy internally.

While maybe they open up some new business door, me and you both know that there are fans of both MMA and Boxing that despise the other sport. I guarantee they lose a chunk of their fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        About 10 years ago almost every store in my location sold Ring. No longer. I can't even find it anywhere.
        This right here, is exactly the reason why they should try and change. Because clearly, boxing only - isn't working.

They've likely made many mistakes to get to this point, no doubt about that. But if they are so much worse off than they were 10 years ago, they'd be mad not to try and change that.

It is possible to love the hell out of this sport, and still admit that boxing is not in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          This right here, is exactly the reason why they should try and change. Because clearly, boxing only - isn't working.

They've likely made many mistakes to get to this point, no doubt about that. But if they are so much worse off than they were 10 years ago, they'd be mad not to try and change that.

It is possible to love the hell out of this sport, and still admit that boxing is not in good shape.
          The problem is they made it too expensive. No kid could afford buying it, and who would want to with so much free material on the internet - including their own site.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            The problem is they made it too expensive. No kid could afford buying it, and who would want to with so much free material on the internet - including their own site.
            The internet is absolutely the present and the future. Hardcopy/paper publications are going the way of the dinosaur, definitely. Regardless of what the Ring do, they aren't going to be able to squeeze much value out of an outdated model.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a magazine of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              In a few years this site will be called Boxing&MMAscene.
              This site used to be an MMA site back in like 2002, I remember when I used to lurk here before joining in 2005, this site was turned into a boxing site after it was bought.

Comment

It's all about the clicks. Boxingscene does it as well.

Comment

You guys do realize that originally back in like the 20s the magazine covered both boxing and wrestling and became boxing only once the truth about pro wrestling being fake came out right?

Comment

I actually like the new website. Don't have an opinion about them covering other combat sports tho.

A couple of things stood out to me
                    1) RG and Kovalev and a column for "ranking" that seems identical to the P4P rank listed on the top left of their photo, but that column doesn't exist on the other 8 p4p fighters.
                    2) Guillermo Rigondeaux is the only fighter whose section for title says the organization with no weight listed.

But minor issues. Looks a lot cleaner overall I think.
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-07-2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      This site used to be an MMA site back in like 2002, I remember when I used to lurk here before joining in 2005, this site was turned into a boxing site after it was bought.
                      No. They bought the MMA site out and merged their forum into BoxingScene

Comment

Working...
                      X