No announcement yet.

who has the superior jab? wlad or pulev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    yea,,,ali and holmes jabs were alot more consistent and quicker but I think wlads has one of the most powerful jabs ever right up there with liston's. you can tell by the way his opponents heads snap back and the sweat goes flying
    liston was only like 6 foot. Wlad would jab him down real bad. Face the facts old timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      liston was only like 6 foot. Wlad would jab him down real bad. Face the facts old timer.
      lol,,,,ok sonny boy. liston was only 6'1 but he had an amazing 84 inch reach. height isnt everything. I think wlad probably would have beaten liston but I also think listons jab was every bit as devastating

Comment

do you think holmes, liston, ali beat Wladimir?
        I think Holmes and Ali beat Wlad, Liston was too flat footed to get inside on Wlad where he would need to be and while I think Listons jab was incredible and a better weapon Wlads is longer (if you factor in his height).

Liston would have a punchers chance but stylistically its a bad matchup for him.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          lol,,,,ok sonny boy. liston was only 6'1 but he had an amazing 84 inch reach. height isnt everything. I think wlad probably would have beaten liston but I also think listons jab was every bit as devastating
          Liston was menacing as hell and had heavy hands made of stone. We agree on that bit.

Comment

Klitschko's jab is not on level with the very best jabs in history. Guys like Ali, Holmes, Liston and even Bowe.

Wlad paws with the jab too much. Exactly like Lennox Lewis.

I put them on the same level.

Does he have the ability to throw a great powerful jab? Absolutely. And so he did back in 02-04. Now it's a measuring stick mostly. His jab-right hand 10 years ago was a thing of beauty. But it didn't last long enough for me to call it the best in history by any stretch.

Comment

do you think holmes, liston, ali beat Wladimir?

i think wladimir would knock liston out, but liston's enough of a puncher, and wladimir's chin is bad enough to make it extremely dangerous.

holmes and ali beat him. i think ali would have more trouble than holmes. holmes could really punch himself, and would win via knockout.

the key to beating wladimir is getting to that chin. most of the great HW have had great chins. only patterson comes to mind when i think of historic level HW with bad chins. wladimir's a unique quantity in that he's both giant and has a bad chin.

is wladimir so big and good that he'd outclass a great HW? i don't think so. eventually these guys would catch up to him. foreman would catch up to him early. that's the only HW that i think would truly run over wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i think wladimir would knock liston out, but liston's enough of a puncher, and wladimir's chin is bad enough to make it extremely dangerous.

holmes and ali beat him. i think ali would have more trouble than holmes. holmes could really punch himself, and would win via knockout.

the key to beating wladimir is getting to that chin. most of the great HW have had great chins. only patterson comes to mind when i think of historic level HW with bad chins. wladimir's a unique quantity in that he's both giant and has a bad chin.

is wladimir so big and good that he'd outclass a great HW? i don't think so. eventually these guys would catch up to him. foreman would catch up to him early. that's the only HW that i think would truly run over wladimir.
                I think Lennox Lewis could do a Golota on him if he got to the chin early.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Klitschko's jab is not on level with the very best jabs in history. Guys like Ali, Holmes, Liston and even Bowe.

Wlad paws with the jab too much. Exactly like Lennox Lewis.

I put them on the same level.

Does he have the ability to throw a great powerful jab? Absolutely. And so he did back in 02-04. Now it's a measuring stick mostly. His jab-right hand 10 years ago was a thing of beauty. But it didn't last long enough for me to call it the best in history by any stretch.
                  Wladimir has the best, hardest and most efficient jab in HW history.

Comment

Wladimir has the best, hardest and most efficient jab in HW history.
                    No he doesnt and you wouldnt know because you don't know anything about boxing history.

Comment

I know enough about boxing history to know we ignore nearly all of the flaws, losses, bum beating streaks, etc of historical fighters and nitpick the smallest things about modern fighters in an attempt to look like "experts".

Comment

Working...
                      X