No announcement yet.

Fights That Made You Lose Respect For A Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights That Made You Lose Respect For A Fighter

Let me clarify. I don't mean someone you hated and he quits or gets KO'd and you're like "yeah i told you he sucked". I mean a guy you held in somewhat high esteem or at least liked who after a fight just left you in disgust.

Hatton v. Manny - I knew Hatton would get destroyed against Manny. And we all probably knew he'd get youtubed but it was clear from the jump he didn't train right or even care about trying to win the fight. He just showed up to try and land a lucky punch and it confirmed when Floyd Sr. basically called him out on bull****ting during training camp during one of the rounds.

Cunningham-Fury

I was never a fan of Cunningham but when he was quick to point out Fury's illegal tactics and be oblivious to the excessive holding that he did, I pretty much lost all respect for him. He made it the all more worse when he got on a radio station and started bitchin'. All I'm saying is this, if your gonna illegally stop Fury from going to work with excessive holding, don't expect Fury to fight squeaky clean. I really love the part of boxing when the favor gets returned.

Comment

inb4 Cotto-Margarito I

Margarito-Mosley for me.

Comment

Alexander has in a bunch of fights. Whether it's pulling his punches, quitting against Bradley, or holding the whole fight to win against Matthysse..I just don't have really any respect for him, and it doesn't help that he got 2 gifts against Kotelnik and Matthysse...

Comment

Protected fighters and duckers, we all know who they are

Comment

Haye - Klitschko. Haye finally got the opportunity he had been chasing for years, but what does he do when he gets there? He pussied out. Just happy to see the fight out to the final bell.

Comment

David Price - Tony Thompson.

Comment

Haye-Klitschko
                Maidana-Ortiz
                Pacquiao-Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Haye-Klitschko
                  Maidana-Ortiz
                  Pacquiao-Mosley
                  no mayweather fights?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    inb4 Cotto-Margarito I

Margarito-Mosley for me.
                    No one can say squat about Cotto/Margarito 1. Cotto gave it everything, that fight made me a fan of him.

DeMarco/Broner. I really thought DeMarco was going to perform, he has always come out and busted everyone's ass. He made Valero WORK for that TKO. Against Broner, he had the right gameplan but fell victim to a lot of things, I figured if he did what he trained to do in the fight, Broner would have had a harder 9 rounds than what we saw. I'll still watch DeMarco, whose to say he can't come back but as for right now? I'm a little disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X