Pacquiao: Roach says that Marquez is the

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: Roach says that Marquez is the

only fighter that has figured me out

By Chris Williams: WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has had a world of problems in his three fights against Juan Manuel Marquez and he should feel himself incredibly lucky that he doesn’t have three losses to show for those fights against Marquez because there’s more a few boxing fans who believe that Pacquiao deserved to win none of the fights.

Pacquiao said to ****** “My trainer Freddie Roach has said many times that Juan is the only smart one out there; the one fighter who has figured me out. I know the fans want to see a fourth fight between us, and I can understand why. Right now, I can only focus on the task at hand.”

Pacquiao won a controversial decision over Marquez in his last fight, and he had the chance to clear that up by fighting an immediate rematch against Marquez. However, Pacquiao thought that boxing fans wouldn’t see it as an interesting fight, so instead he’s facing one of his promoter Bob Arum’s recent signees Tim Bradley on June 9th. The move will likely cost Pacquiao a lot of money because a fight between Pacquiao and Bradley likely won’t bring in anywhere close to then same kind of numbers that a fight between Pacquiao and Marquez would.

Additionally, Pacquiao also could have made a huge amount of money if he had simply agreed to fight WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto at a catchweight of 150lbs, instead of deciding that he wouldn’t go above 147 in order to take the fight. Cotto decided he’d already given into Pacquiao once by fighting him at a catchweight handicap in 2009, and he didn’t want to give Pacquiao an advantage by fighting him at 147 and end up being weakened by taking off the weight against. Now Pacquiao has to settle for the tough Bradley, but he won’t likely make anywhere close to the kind of cash he could have gotten for a fight against Cotto or Marquez.

Marquez isn’t the only one that’s figured out Pacquiao’s style. Erik Morales obviously did because he beat him in 2005. Pacquiao avenged the defeat by beating a weight drained Morales in two separate bouts, we saw what happened to Pacquiao when facing a non-weight drained Morales.

http://www.************.com/2012/05/...t/#more-114945

marquez#1 p4p

However, Pacquiao thought that boxing fans wouldn’t see it as an interesting fight, so instead he’s facing one of his promoter Bob Arum’s recent signees Tim Bradley on June 9th.
    lolololololololol

Comment

"we saw what happened to Pacquiao when facing a non-weight drained Morales."

Comment

Marquez is not the only fighter who figured you out, Morales was actually the first and even Mosley exploited some of your flaws but was too old to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          only fighter that has figured me out

By Chris Williams: WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has had a world of problems in his three fights against Juan Manuel Marquez and he should feel himself incredibly lucky that he doesn’t have three losses to show for those fights against Marquez because there’s more a few boxing fans who believe that Pacquiao deserved to win none of the fights.

Pacquiao said to ****** “My trainer Freddie Roach has said many times that Juan is the only smart one out there; the one fighter who has figured me out. I know the fans want to see a fourth fight between us, and I can understand why. Right now, I can only focus on the task at hand.”

Pacquiao won a controversial decision over Marquez in his last fight, and he had the chance to clear that up by fighting an immediate rematch against Marquez. However, Pacquiao thought that boxing fans wouldn’t see it as an interesting fight, so instead he’s facing one of his promoter Bob Arum’s recent signees Tim Bradley on June 9th. The move will likely cost Pacquiao a lot of money because a fight between Pacquiao and Bradley likely won’t bring in anywhere close to then same kind of numbers that a fight between Pacquiao and Marquez would.

Additionally, Pacquiao also could have made a huge amount of money if he had simply agreed to fight WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto at a catchweight of 150lbs, instead of deciding that he wouldn’t go above 147 in order to take the fight. Cotto decided he’d already given into Pacquiao once by fighting him at a catchweight handicap in 2009, and he didn’t want to give Pacquiao an advantage by fighting him at 147 and end up being weakened by taking off the weight against. Now Pacquiao has to settle for the tough Bradley, but he won’t likely make anywhere close to the kind of cash he could have gotten for a fight against Cotto or Marquez.

Marquez isn’t the only one that’s figured out Pacquiao’s style. Erik Morales obviously did because he beat him in 2005. Pacquiao avenged the defeat by beating a weight drained Morales in two separate bouts, we saw what happened to Pacquiao when facing a non-weight drained Morales.

http://www.************.com/2012/05/...t/#more-114945
          Last I checked those 3 fights were fought in the same weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Marquez is not the only fighter who figured you out, Morales was actually the first and even Mosley exploited some of your flaws but was too old to pull the trigger.
            no, Morales studied and watched the JMM fight 8 times in preparation for the Pacquiao fight.

He used the JMM - Pacquiao fight as a blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              no, Morales studied and watched the JMM fight 8 times in preparation for the Pacquiao fight.

He used the JMM - Pacquiao fight as a blueprint
              Youre right JMM laid out the blueprint but Morales was the first to execute it properly and beat Pac clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                Last I checked those 3 fights were fought in the same weight class.

Morales had moved up to 135 after he beat Pacquiao partly because he could no longer make the weight.Pac new Morales had trouble making the weight comfortably,instead of moving up to lightweight to take on Morales Pac made Morales come down to 130 which weight drained him.
                Last edited by boxingfeind; 05-18-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Boxing doesnt exist like it used to before. Too many people use weight classes to make excuses left right and centre.

Its not about wins and losses now, only talk about weight classes and being drained and bloated.

Comment

Pacquiao = Mexicutioner

Comment

Working...
                    X