No announcement yet.

Schaefer: "Hopkins/Jones PPV is about 130,000, but expected to reach 150,000"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
    i realize a lot of people are fans of BHOP but I for one dont ever wanna see him fight again... His last few fights have been absolutely horrible to watch
    pavlik fight was awesome. Ornelas was entertaining. Jones and Calzaghe were complete stinkers though, no doubt.

Comment

150k x 50 bucks is 7.50Mill

Hopkins is getting guaranteed the first 3 whatever Mill...Promoters, distributors, and all that get a piece of the 7.50Mill as well. Do they get the whole 4Mill??? Doesn't Jones get a piece of those 4Mill left?

That's hard to believe if he doesn't. I didn't know it was that expensive to set up a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
        150k x 50 bucks is 7.50Mill

Hopkins is getting guaranteed the first 3 whatever Mill...Promoters, distributors, and all that get a piece of the 7.50Mill as well. Do they get the whole 4Mill??? Doesn't Jones get a piece of those 4Mill left?

That's hard to believe if he doesn't. I didn't know it was that expensive to set up a fight.
        I would assume he gets the first 3.5 million from Profits not total ppv. So after they have paid promoters advertising etc . This does not look good for Jones damn..............he got hosed on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          who was saying it would be PPV?

2 of hopkins last 4 fights were not PPV. As long as HBO is willing to put up a good sized purse, no reason why Hopkins vs Bute can't happen.
          Hopkins will never fight on HBO again. He always prices himself out and demands such a high dollar. He doesn't get enough ratings for HBO to give him top dollar. Honestly, he should be happy making a million a fight because he isn't worth more than that.

Comment

Hopkins got a guaranteed 3.5 million off the bat, then the PPV is divided 50/50. So jones got somewhere like a million or two for this fight.

Comment

Hopkins got a guaranteed 3.5 million off the bat, then the PPV is divided 50/50. So jones got somewhere like a million or two for this fight.
              Actually... Jones is gauranteed the next 3.5 mill.. or whatever is left.. and if there is more then they split it 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Actually... Jones is gauranteed the next 3.5 mill.. or whatever is left.. and if there is more then they split it 50-50.
                huh that's an interesting way of doing things.

So jones could have came out fairly decent then.

Comment

huh that's an interesting way of doing things.

So jones could have came out fairly decent then.
                  Yeah, because if Hopkins was gauranteed 3.5 mill, and then they split the rest.. that wouldn't be 50-50.

So Roy gauranteed Bernard the first 3.5 mill... meaning you will get paid first if it doesn't do well.

THen Roy receives anything after that 3.5 mill, up to 3.5 mill of his own, and then the rest is split 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasjudah View Post
                    I would assume he gets the first 3.5 million from Profits not total ppv. So after they have paid promoters advertising etc . This does not look good for Jones damn..............he got hosed on this one.
                    So with the revenue, that probably didn't do much with the 6k plus fans in attendance. I would say a crazy guess like, the fight generated $9-10Mill(with the PPV numbers generating 7.50Mill) in total...Jones gets not even $1 or $2 Mill from that?

I don't get it but whatever. I'm sure RJ has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, plus he has his own promotional company with some pretty good fighters like that black Ukrainian Light Heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      Yeah, because if Hopkins was gauranteed 3.5 mill, and then they split the rest.. that wouldn't be 50-50.

So Roy gauranteed Bernard the first 3.5 mill... meaning you will get paid first if it doesn't do well.

THen Roy receives anything after that 3.5 mill, up to 3.5 mill of his own, and then the rest is split 50-50.
                      Cable companies get almost half of all pay per view revenues

Comment

Working...
                      X