Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Gatti | The ref says "don't punch", Floyd pnches three times and gets a KD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    I trained for some months, and sparred four times. I landed the best overhead right hand that that gym will ever remember. Until today, when I go there and see the guys, they tell me how they can't forget that punch.
    Didn't know Zelonoff had an alternate account!!!

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      I didn't see the ref say anything.
      That's because you need to hear, not see. Activate your ears next time.

Comment

That's because you need to hear, not see. Activate your ears next time.
        They are activated lol. I actually have perfect pitch from studying music as a kid so if there were any auditory cue's I would have heard them.

Comment

I remember those shots. But it's kinda stupid to blame Floyd. It's the refs job to step in between the fighters when he wants them to break. You don't yell "stop punching" and just watch. He made zero attempt to step in and break or protect. So both men were confused. Floyd kept hitting Gatti stopped fighting. That's horrible refing.

Comment

Nice deflection, but the ref said "Dont punch" and Floyd punched three times.
            1) Floyd was a *****.
            2) The ref was a *****.
            Yea you idiot don’t punch when gatti’s head was down, gatti came up, thought the ref was coming over & got clocked. It’s a fight, quit *****ing and hit him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              I remember those shots. But it's kinda stupid to blame Floyd. It's the refs job to step in between the fighters when he wants them to break. You don't yell "stop punching" and just watch. He made zero attempt to step in and break or protect. So both men were confused. Floyd kept hitting Gatti stopped fighting. That's horrible refing.
              well, that's pretty much what it should only take. before every fight, the ref always tell the fighters to listen and obey the ref's command, correct? so the ref yelling "stop punching", is not a command then?

Comment

The thing is...that segment you posted wasn't what cost Gatti the fight. It was sheer domination from start to finish. I love Gatti and consider his fights all classics, his wars with Ward and Robinson etc, but this a was pre-hand problem Mayweather when he was absolutely lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  well, that's pretty much what it should only take. before every fight, the ref always tell the fighters to listen and obey the ref's command, correct? so the ref yelling "stop punching", is not a command then?
                  You got him.

Comment

Ref should of stepped between then and shouted STOP clearly, instead he said "stop punching" from about 6 feet away and didn't step in.

Comment

That's not my point. It can be demoralyzing though. Knowing that out ot nowhere you're two rounds down. And that can make you change your strategy.

Just wanted to show how protected Floyd was by refs.
                      It's not about protecting Floyd. Refereeing is a hard job and the fighters don't make it any easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X