Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audley Harrison : A wasted Talent Or an Overrated nobody?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Harrison : A wasted Talent Or an Overrated nobody?

Audley Harrison rose through the amateur ranks, with great expectation on his shoulders, two time ABA champion and olympic gold medalist as an amateur.

After this he had a troubled pro career after losing fights that he should of won, but why was this, was it because he was always overrated or did he have great potential that he never fulfilled due to various reasons. Could he have been a world champion, should he have done better vs Haye? Did he freeze because the big occasion got to him or was it always going to be a disastrous mis-match. One of the best Talkers to ever come to boxing IMO, he always had me believing that he could produce something special, but he never did.

Theres no doubting he had talent, like you say he was Olympic gold metalist and ABA champion.
    He did everything right in terms of his boxing career. He set up his own promotion company at the start of his pro career, moved to America early on too. He was undefeated for 5 years and i think that what happened really he was pasted his peak at 35, when he lost to the likes of Danny Williams and Guinn. If he'd of won the Olympics 4 or 5 years earlier i honestly think we would have seen Audley win a title...sadly his pro career started to late and in his best years those really should of been his title shot fights.

Comment

Working...
    X