No announcement yet.

GGG Perfect Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
    True, Lemellielle is basic as ****, he had no game plan and very poor footwork, unless planted, but he still had the kind of power GGG respected enough to fight a more tactical fight. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying Brook controlled the distance, there wasn't much to control. GGG was coming forward, Brook was on his bike and struggling to stay on his bike with his added muscle. . . . He does have great footwork/balance though I agree and he had some plausible success at times. I just wanna see GGG fight someone who can give him those sort of troubles at a weight he's used to campaigning at.
    Maybe i went far,but being out jabed by shorter guy wasnt looking good,dont you worry we will see big fight sooner or later.

Comment

Have to see him against elite comp..but imo he lacks defense and is slow and does not move his head well

Comment

hes not perfect, but hes closer to it at 160 than anyone else has ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          hes not perfect, but hes closer to it at 160 than anyone else has ever been.
          I would disagree with it,many great fighters fought in MW ,when all well be done and GGG will finish his carrere we shell see ,for now statement like this is very brave

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            Brook clinched him couple of times but its just not Tactic that he is familiar with,its not so hard to Clinch someone if you realy try.What i mean is if you lay hands on him he is backing up and shell up,it this Murray fight he was in offense in KO moment,ofc we can watch fights and bring evry moment when he trade 1 punch or 2,genaraly if you put combo on him he backs up never almost never punch with you,and you are right its cause of his slow hands,I agree that he uses his advantages very good.
            Brook had a lot more success clinching in the porter fight, GGG is known for successfully avoiding clinches and there is an online video of him showing Barerra how to get out of clinches or at least make it extremely uncomfortable for the clincher to keep clinching. very few elite fighters, and specifically counter punchers which is one aspect of GGGs game would trade with with others (full out trade with combo punching), they would either time a shot and might get hit as they throw their own or they would wait for the other person to finish like you said but it is common with many elite fighters... Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins (i think) etc. Trading at the same time with combos adds a lot of risk as you can imagine and you are more likely to get hit with a shot you don't see and lights out. I guess my point is he doesn't solely wait for the other guy to finish, he will get in there with a shot of his own or throw a shot when the other guy is throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
              Brook had a lot more success clinching in the porter fight, GGG is known for successfully avoiding clinches and there is an online video of him showing Barerra how to get out of clinches or at least make it extremely uncomfortable for the clincher to keep clinching. very few elite fighters, and specifically counter punchers which is one aspect of GGGs game would trade with with others (full out trade with combo punching), they would either time a shot and might get hit as they throw their own or they would wait for the other person to finish like you said but it is common with many elite fighters... Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins (i think) etc. Trading at the same time with combos adds a lot of risk as you can imagine and you are more likely to get hit with a shot you don't see and lights out. I guess my point is he doesn't solely wait for the other guy to finish, he will get in there with a shot of his own or throw a shot when the other guy is throwing.
              I watched this vid,he was showing how to get good position in clinch if i remember(will rewatch),you make valid points,but i rearly see GGG answering this combos with some quick shot like Floyd.GGG is ocasional counter puncher and its solid point in his game,thats why i love JMM he is going perfect in your combo to hit you,sometimes counter while hited in fast exchange,if you look most of Brook best attacks was not answerd,IMO this and lack of Inside game on high level are his biggest weakneses,with Footwork and picking punches being his superb abbilitys,IMO if some fighter will bring dog fight inside to GGG he maight have serious problem,mid range is his kingdom and jab is keeping him there as a king(so far)

Comment

nobody is perfect.

Comment

Even with Ali, Leonard and Robinson in their primes they weren't perfect or flawless so how can GGG be?

The reality is though, with all the attributes GGG has, his power, skill, toughness, durability, chin and so on, he is one of the very best exponents of boxing on the planet.

His flaws are related to a lack of head movement and some times robotic punch technique, although he does create a lot of angles. I just don't think there is anyone in or around his weight that can make him pay for it.

Comment

Haven't seen a Perfect fighter since probably Prime Ray Leonard and I absolutely couldn't stand Ray Leonard but looking back he had EVERYTHING Physically and Mentally. Had Power, Skills, CHIN, Killer Instinct he had it all in his PRIME and HE FOUGHT THE BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      I watched this vid,he was showing how to get good position in clinch if i remember(will rewatch),you make valid points,but i rearly see GGG answering this combos with some quick shot like Floyd.GGG is ocasional counter puncher and its solid point in his game,thats why i love JMM he is going perfect in your combo to hit you,sometimes counter while hited in fast exchange,if you look most of Brook best attacks was not answerd,IMO this and lack of Inside game on high level are his biggest weakneses,with Footwork and picking punches being his superb abbilitys,IMO if some fighter will bring dog fight inside to GGG he maight have serious problem,mid range is his kingdom and jab is keeping him there as a king(so far)
                      Honestly i think until GGG is tested against the elite of the elite we won't truely see what he is capable of, maybe he has those skills maybe he doesn't, so far he has been able to dictate every fight he fought for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                      X