No announcement yet.

Loma vs Walters reminds me of a modern day Willie Pep vs Sandy Saddler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma vs Walters reminds me of a modern day Willie Pep vs Sandy Saddler

Loma is has very good technique, awesome footwork, also has underrated power like Pep and was an outstanding amatuer

Walters wasnt the amatuer Loma was but he brings size, power, underrated skills, and a style Loma has yet to face, much like Saddler

Also like Saddler, he is a tall fighter who can fight well inside, cut off the ring, and land short shots inside

Loma is being lauded as the next great, and Walters kind of came out of no where with some decent wins and is a solid undee dog

Loma also has one loss to a bigger, stronger, crowding style fighter in Salido, like Pep had one loss to sammy angott

If High tech gets by walters. impressively, he definitely should be considered top 5 p4p or at least one of the best fighters in the world

thoughts?
    Last edited by therealpugilist; 09-30-2016, 11:59 AM.

interesting, i wish i knew more about the past greats to give my 2 cents. finally some decent boxing talk from the pugilist.

Comment

I think it's a great fight between two great fighters who are both favorites of mine.I can see the fight being something like the Saddler vs Pep wars. I don't think it would be a dirty fight. These two are clean boxers. They both have tremendous skill but they follow the rules while Saddler and Pep were great and sometimes dirty fighters. I think Loma is a much harder puncher than Pep was and more of an aggressive,come forward type of fighter. I favor Loma to win a close, hard fought war. I have Loma about number 5 on my pound for pound best list and Walters about number 8 on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think it's a great fight between two great fighters who are both favorites of mine.I can see the fight being something like the Saddler vs Pep wars. I don't think it would be a dirty fight. These two are clean boxers. They both have tremendous skill but they follow the rules while Saddler and Pep were great and sometimes dirty fighters. I think Loma is a much harder puncher than Pep was and more of an aggressive,come forward type of fighter. I favor Loma to win a close, hard fought war. I have Loma about number 5 on my pound for pound best list and Walters about number 8 on my list.
        Yes he is a bit more aggressive than pep but both have underrated power....Pep had over 60 knockouts so he had some pop, he just was constantly moving, shifting and pivoting

I'd like to thank Saddler for those fights being dirty....pep usually kept it clean

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          interesting, i wish i knew more about the past greats to give my 2 cents. finally some decent boxing talk from the pugilist.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post

here is some pep

he is one of my favorites ever!!!!

cant beat what you cant hit

Comment

Working...
            X