Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 3 million buys the max amount possible for a PPV fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    When the World Awaits PPV Oscar vs Floyd fight happened the projection was it would do similar numbers to Tito Trinidad vs. Oscar de la hoya they said it would be huge and do something around 1.4 million, but it did way beyond that and did much better than they predicted with 2.4 million buys.

I am not sure if the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight will do 2.4, it might only do 1.8 million buys because rumor has it the ppv is going to cost 99 dollars.

Nobody is going to pay that, especially casual fans, maybe a diehard boxing fan will.
    If you cant afford to pay $99 for a fight you need to get off these message boards & get to work or do something. Even at $99 this fight could do over 3 million easy.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
      I think this hits 3m. Probably way over. Everyone is going to be talking about it and nobody will want to be left out in the conversations after the fight lol. This is going to be massive.

It sucks that this has to happen in a small arena. I bet very few tickets will be available to the public due to it being reserved for celebrities, VIP people. And goodluck getting those once they are released. But yeah the sporting world will stop and watch this fight.
      I agree. Probably 3.5

Comment

When the World Awaits PPV Oscar vs Floyd fight happened the projection was it would do similar numbers to Tito Trinidad vs. Oscar de la hoya they said it would be huge and do something around 1.4 million, but it did way beyond that and did much better than they predicted with 2.4 million buys.

I am not sure if the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight will do 2.4, it might only do 1.8 million buys because rumor has it the ppv is going to cost 99 dollars.

Nobody is going to pay that, especially casual fans, maybe a diehard boxing fan will.
        Yeah right....I have frnds family who dont watch boxing who will not want to miss out on the fight....Everybody will want to see this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
          If you cant afford to pay $99 for a fight you need to get off these message boards & get to work or do something. Even at $99 this fight could do over 3 million easy.
          Dog regular people are not going to dish out 99 bucks for a ppv, if it was 60 bucks maybe.

Go ask a regular person would you pay 99 bucks for the fight they will say WTF thats expensive. or helllll no are you kidding me?

Comment

Cant believe the most important fight in history will only do 3-4 million? Football gets 10-20 million viewers how come boxing is dwarfed in comparison?

Comment

IKR.....and people will just spit the cost anyway....aint like people gonna be watching the fight alone anyway

Comment

I think Mayweather/Pacquiao in 2010 probably would have surpassed 3 million. Not anymore.

This reminds me of Schaefer predicting Mayweather/Mosley doing 4 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                  Cant believe the most important fight in history will only do 3-4 million? Football gets 10-20 million viewers how come boxing is dwarfed in comparison?
                  Maybe because you dont have to pay 70 bucks for a free TV football game.

Comment

Dog regular people are not going to dish out 99 bucks for a ppv, if it was 60 bucks maybe.

Go ask a regular person would you pay 99 bucks for the fight they will say WTF thats expensive. or helllll no are you kidding me?
                    $99 bucks. $60 bucks. $39 difference is that big of a deal to you. UFC charges $50 or $60/sometimes twice a month. This fight could cost a $100 it wouldn't matter. Everybody aint as broke as you.

Comment

It's not about being able to afford it, it's the ethics of it. Charging $99 for a fight in absolutely ridiculous and they would be doing themselves a disservice if they charged that much in loss of PPV buys.

Comment

Working...
                      X