Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Regarding your avatar.....Did you know that Nelson was chronically seasick?

Poet
    I did indeed. I've been reading up on him lately and he was obviously bipolar.
    Some of the letters he wrote show quite an obsession with his own death, that he always believed was just around the corner. Accepting that as an inevitable, made him brave and a great risk taker.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      I did indeed. I've been reading up on him lately and he was obviously bipolar.
      Some of the letters he wrote show quite an obsession with his own death, that he always believed was just around the corner. Accepting that as an inevitable, made him brave and a great risk taker.
      It also lead him to do some seriously stupid **** too.....Like walking around in the middle of a battle with a very conspicuous chest full of medals. That makes a very fine target that even a French sniper could hit.

Poet

Comment

It also lead him to do some seriously stupid **** too.....Like walking around in the middle of a battle with a very conspicuous chest full of medals. That makes a very fine target that even a French sniper could hit.

Poet
        LMAO that's funny as ****!

To the OP's point:
        Generally speaking in a h2h I always choose Louis...his reign should tell you all you need to know, but it is with great sincerity I say Tyson *could* KO *anyone* in his prime. I'm curious how Tyson KO'ing Louis seems so far displaced from the realm of possibilities to you? Louis definitely has a chance to KO Tyson, or beat him any other way....but I could also see Tyson catching Louis early and ending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          LMAO that's funny as ****!
          Of course 'Ol Horatio wasn't laughing when a French marine put a musketball through his lungs :chuckle9:

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          To the OP's point:
          Generally speaking in a h2h I always choose Louis...his reign should tell you all you need to know, but it is with great sincerity I say Tyson *could* KO *anyone* in his prime. I'm curious how Tyson KO'ing Louis seems so far displaced from the realm of possibilities to you? Louis definitely has a chance to KO Tyson, or beat him any other way....but I could also see Tyson catching Louis early and ending it.
          It's a question of likelihood. Frank Bruno could have KOed Tyson in their first fight.....but what's the real likelihood of that actually happening? For the most part, though, people are just responding to the ignorant nitwits that are saying **** like Tyson KO1 and Louis has no shot. Some are the usual deluded "Tyson is the GOAT" crowd, while another thinks every generation of fighter is superior to the previous one. In the first instance it's just plain and simple nuthuggery, in the second the dude is an idiot that lacks the brain power that God gave single cell organisms. And for the record Them Apples is excluded from the previous descriptions: While I do believe he's a serious Tyson fan he's also and intelligent one who will admit Tyson had flaws and you can have a damn good boxing discussion with. I just didn't want anyone thinking that was directed at him :hah9:

Poet

Comment

Poet
            He wouldn't have had it any other way. When you get your backbone shot through, you want to be dressed for the occasion.

Comment

He wouldn't have had it any other way. When you get your backbone shot through, you want to be dressed for the occasion.
              I could have done without the "kiss me Hardy" **** :gay:

Poet

Comment

I remember watchin an interview where Tyson mentions how he still dont know how he got beat by Evander.......

Louis is the best heavyweight at using short well timed power shots there ever was.
                Tyson would get kod.

Comment

I could have done without the "kiss me Hardy" **** :gay:

Poet
                  The man was dying. I hardly think he was up for a full bit of bum fun. If all he could manage at the time was a kiss, it at least showed that he still had the ol' passion burning.

Comment

The man was dying. I hardly think he was up for a full bit of bum fun. If all he could manage at the time was a kiss, it at least showed that he still had the ol' passion burning.
                    Yeah, but is does nothing to help the Royal Navy's reputation for being all about "rum, buggery, and the lash" :timeout9:

Poet

Comment

Yeah, but is does nothing to help the Royal Navy's reputation for being all about "rum, buggery, and the lash" :timeout9:

Poet
                      All I know is, if I were on that boat, Hardy would have had a mouthful of **** from the moment we set sail from Portsmouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X