Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-28-2005, 12:06 PM #11
NSB P4P #1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 390,092.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB
Hopkins has a history of stuffing up big fights. He doesn't duck people, he just sucks as a business man.
Yeah he supposedly ****ed up his opportunity to re-match Jones Jr too.

Last edited by JUYJUY; 04-28-2005 at 04:56 PM.
JUYJUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-28-2005, 04:39 PM #12
Contender

HayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond reputeHayeFan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,931.07

Hopkins knew his limits.

There is NO-ONE out there capable of handing Joe a defining fight. If he beats Lacy, he beats a young champ who got ahead of where he should've been at, if he beats Johnson or Tarver all he'll earn is the hide of the guy who beat a spent Jones Jr.

Kessler? Mundine? Green? Vanderpool? Joe would be expected to win those fights.

Hopkins was to be Joe's crowning achievement, it's a shame nobody told Bernard. Hopkins had his piece of the pie, why would he surrender it? He's not dumb.

JUYJUY - Good Job on shutting up Sactown, you saved me the bother
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Did you know that Sactown was talking yet more erroneous **** about Calzaghe in an old thread? Then, when it was announced that Lacy was likely to fight Joe before the end of the year, he balked at the bet I offered him. You may as well ignore his guff, it's toothless.
HayeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:46 PM #13
! ! ! !

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 156,191,111,391.41
Total Points: 156,191,135,465.33

Considering that Felix Trinidad has never had a fight at 168, I'd say it's ludicrous to accuse him of ducking Joe Calzaghe.

How come you Calzaghe fans are accusing smaller guys of ducking Joe, but haven't pointed out that Joe hasn't moved up to 175 ?
jabsRstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:48 PM #14
A.K.A - evil -

elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 192,133.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB
Hopkins... ducking Calzaghe.... dear oh dear.
I remember when they were trying to make the fight, Hopkins didnt even try to hide the fact he was ducking Calzaghe, he wanted silly money, then when Calzaghe agreed to pay Hopkins changed his mind. It could have been a decent fight then, but Calzaghe would retire Hopkins now.

Hopkins has ducked pretty much everyone from the higher weight classes.
elveiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 PM #15
! ! ! !

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 156,191,111,391.41
Total Points: 156,191,135,465.33

"Hopkins has ducked pretty much everyone from the higher weight classes."

So has Calzaghe......
jabsRstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 PM #16
A.K.A - evil -

elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 192,133.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff
Considering that Felix Trinidad has never had a fight at 168, I'd say it's ludicrous to accuse him of ducking Joe Calzaghe.

How come you Calzaghe fans are accusing smaller guys of ducking Joe, but haven't pointed out that Joe hasn't moved up to 175 ?
I doubt Tito would ever duck Calzaghe, even though Calzaghe's a lot bigger.

There's no reason for Calzaghe to move to 175, unless Johnson/Tarver/Woods/Jones agree's to fight him theres no other reason.
elveiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:06 PM #17
Boxingscene's Bitch

scap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 163,613.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff
"Hopkins has ducked pretty much everyone from the higher weight classes."

So has Calzaghe......
Joe is my boy!

With that said you have too be a retard not too recognize his lack of being in the big fights...

I don't know who is ducking who or who has ducked who? I do know that if any big American fighter were to go over to Wales and fight Joe than it would sell out in a second and the money to be made on the overall fight would be substantially more than in the US.

Now I know Hopkins had a fight deal with Showtime that he squashed that would have led to Calzaghe...who is at fault, if anybody?

Is anyone ducking anyone...who the **** knows but I would love to see Hopkins take a chance at moving up in weight, taking a risk...

Both guys can be accused of it but NArd is the undisputed king right now based upon two guys that he beat that both took huge chances moving up to fight him (Tito/Oscar).

Is he a ***** if he doesn't move up ....no way...hell he is probably smart but as a fan I want to see someone pressure the old man...when was the last time Hopkins was pressured in a fight. He will never grow old in the ring when the guys he fights try and play a chess game with him, it just won't happen, hell Nard wins rounds with ease when he only lands 6 or 7 punches because the other guy only lands 1 or 2...I want pressure.

Jeff Lacy and Joe Calzaghe are two guys that come too mind when I think of pressure...NArd is smart and he probably knows this which is why we will never see either of these guys in the ring with the old man.

Who else would pressure Hopkins and put him in a fight that he has not been in, in years? I keep hearing that NArd could just all of a sudden get old in the ring one day...that is just not going to happen unless he faces pressure.
scap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:08 PM #18
NSB P4P #1

JUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 390,092.00

At the end of the day though, Calzaghe needs Hopkins more than Hopkins needs Calzaghe, and Hopkins has barely showed any ****ing interest in Joe.
JUYJUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:25 PM #19
Up and Comer

trevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond reputetrevorjulien has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,440.00

Who has Joe fought. He never stepped up his game. This guys record is fluff.
trevorjulien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM #20
Banned

Quoted: 5061 Post(s)
The Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,448,812,231,331,898,458,112.00
Total Points: 14,448,812,231,331,898,458,112.00
Merry Christmas to you as well bro.  All the best in the new year. - El-blanco Merry Chistmas Freedom - TBear Wishing you all the best in the new year! - Redd Foxx Merry Christmas and Happy New Years - Mr.Fantastic Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Rip Chudd 
Feliz navidad y feliz aņo nuevo!! merry christmas and happy new year!! - Dean_Razorback Merry Christmas to you too bud - Pain~Lucy A mug of the dark stuff for a good yule and holidays. - PittyPat Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... Top poster. - Scott.Weiland. 
top notch poster. - Tago Nang Tago hope you ok - ~BoZz~ happy trump day - //// Trump! - Ruthless One we did it, we president now! - Sup 
Normally I'd give you a dildo or a kick me thing for your hating on Andre ward, but this is a celebration. Im giving you the dollar because trump represents freedom and wealth,  he will make America great again. Its a celebration. MAGA - BrushMyHair. Great posts, man. - anthonydavid11 No Message - MDPopescu for exposing slick brotha privilege in boxing - Sup A medal for the Heavyweight thread. - Santa_ 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

The tune hasn't changed much since then - will the haters be quieter after this Saturday?
The Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List