Collapse
No announcement yet.

mosley vs. marquez coming soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just like u think floyd will knock him out too?

Comment

I dunno...I'm just among those who hope that Sugar Shane go back to trying to fry bigger fish instead of lowering down his hooks into lower weight ponds. A victory at the higher weights shall look a lot better years from now when people peer into his legacy.

His chances there are not going to be as good as facing a Marquez or even a Pacquiao, but that's what real challenges are all about and that's where real greatness can be measured.
      Last edited by grayfist; 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

bigger fish like 154?

Comment

almost as same as saying RJJ needs to go back to frying bigger fish. They only saw defeat (RJJ KO's worst) at higher classes.

Comment

Originally posted by truthhurts View Post
            bigger fish like 154?
            That and, if it works out well for him, even higher.

I realize that he has been there before and his stints were not exactly resounding successes but he should try again. There's a good match against Paul Williams that can be looked into.

Mosley, who has been a LightMiddleweight in at least three occassions, fighting Lightweights in Welterweight contests just can't seem to get me going.

Comment

Now this is the reason he is down on my list because he doesnt look into Paul. But face it his only success at 154 was against DeLaHoya in which is the root of this all. and the fact is the business allows "what a person draws" as an excuse not to fight but he his the one who makes the most in the sport is messed up considering his accomplishments in big fights.

Comment

almost as same as saying RJJ needs to go back to frying bigger fish. They only saw defeat (RJJ KO's worst) at higher classes.
                It's not the same. Roy Jones reigned long as LightHeavyweight champ and it was at that weight that he had his major setbacks. He had more title fights at that weight class than he had at SuperMiddleweight and Middleweight, put together.

When he moved on to fry bigger fish from middleweight to SuperMiddle, he was successful. Even when he tried frying bigger fish at Heavyweight, he snagged John Ruiz.

Roy did not lose as a result of moving up. He had more belts at LightHeavyweight than he ever had in any other weight and it was as LightHeavyweight that he had his worst losses. Even the Montiel Griffin DQ loss was in that weight class.

So, clearly, Roy did not lose as a result of frying bigger fish.

Comment

i cannot give you that the competition that exsisted in the lightheavyweight division beats what lied in the jr. middleweight division and secondly at what weight class has most of mosley fights been at?

Comment

he was ruler of lightweight jr. welter and welter

Comment

i cannot give you that the competition that exsisted in the lightheavyweight division beats what lied in the jr. middleweight division and secondly at what weight class has most of mosley fights been at?
                      You were the one who raised Roy Jones and compared him to Mosley. I simply pointed out that when it comes to results for moving up in weight, they cannot be considered similar. It was in response to your statement that Mosley failed in his attempts at higher weights and adding that it was like Roy Jones. Roy was successful in moving up. His resounding defeats were not results of having moved up, i.e., going up to "fry bigger fish". As far as moving up is concerned, Mosley and Jones cannot be in the same sentence.

As far as the quality of Roy's opposition at SuperMiddleweight and Middleweight...

Roy had James Toney at SuperMiddleweight, but didn't he have mostly the Erik Lucases and Brant Brannon's? At Middleweight, he beat Bernard Hopkins for the vacant IBF title and then defended against Thomas Tate before moving up to SuperMiddleweight to face Toney.

On the other hand, Roy, as LightHeavy, had Otis Grant, Virgil Hill, Clinton Woods, Griffin and even Tarver who he beat by controversial MD in their first fight. Mike McCallum, old but still dangerous, was also in one of Roy's LightHeavyweight fights.

I'll leave you to your estimation about which weight class was Roy faced with more competitive opponents.

And so Mosley was good--even great--at Lightweight and now pretty good at Welterweight (He lost to Cotto). But unlike Roy who was sterling when he went up to his third weight class, Mosley generally failed at LightMiddle. Mosley went up to successfully fry bigger fish from Lightweight to Welter but did not succeed at LightMiddle. Not yet. He may. But whatever he does from here cannot be compared to Roy Jones.

That's why it cannot get me going that Mosley should be looking at fighting Lightweights in Welterweight contests. He should pick himself up at the very same stop where he failed. At LightMiddle-- or, if possible, higher.
                      Last edited by grayfist; 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X