Stolen Valor & Fake News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Valor & Fake News

He stands for the national anthem doe

Navy veteran John Garofalo appeared on a Fox News segment this month, showing off a massive presidential seal he carved for President Trump while receiving praise for his service in Vietnam as a SEAL.

The piece was broadcast nationally and featured cascading shots of all Garofalo’s medals. Online, it went viral, racking up 1.5 million Facebook views on Fox’s Facebook page.

“The Vietnam War veteran served seven years as a member of the nation’s first Navy SEAL team,” Fox News reporter Bryan Llenas said. “He was awarded 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts.”

Llenas later called the 72-year-old New York State resident a “tough, tough man.”

“He was listed twice during his service in Vietnam as missing in action,” Llenas noted at the segment’s close.

“God bless John Garofalo,” an anchor said. “We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.”

But when Navy Times contacted Garofalo Thursday, Garofalo admitted he had lied and never served in Vietnam, never received a Purple Heart and was never a SEAL.
    https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/19/faker-man-admits-he-lied-to-fox-news-about-navy-seal-service/#.WejydQzeRjM.twitter

Its not the first, and it won't be the last. Plenty other outlets have been fooled by those losers.

On topic, this guy is great. He's an ex SEAL who busts losers claiming to be SEALs and posts it on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUxuYuqe-XBFonUGFLETfnA

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Its not the first, and it won't be the last. Plenty other outlets have been fooled by those losers.

On topic, this guy is great. He's an ex SEAL who busts losers claiming to be SEALs and posts it on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUxuYuqe-XBFonUGFLETfnA
      I've seen his videos a couple of times and I'm subscribed to his channel.

Also on topic. Why are 99% of these cases white men with made up stories of killing poor brown people around the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I've seen his videos a couple of times and I'm subscribed to his channel.

Also on topic. Why are 99% of these cases white men with made up stories of killing poor brown people around the world?
        I wouldn't say 99%.

The channel we cited has more than 1% non whites making false claims.

But why make it about race anyway??

All these guys are garbage no matter their skin color. Why not just leave it at that?

Comment

War is hell, I've been in combat at brothels all over the world.
          Europe, South America & Mexico.
          Them hoe's in Hong Kong got sick game.

Comment

All these guys are garbage no matter their skin color. Why not just leave it at that?
            I LOL when cats say this sh^t, but make it about color or hint at color when its non-white people doing something wrong.

Ain't saying you're that guy cuz idk, but there are like 7 guys who are always in your threads or you're in their threads who do do that.

As to the OP I've never gotten the mindset of someone doing this sorta sh^t. Its some weird mfers who just want some random kind words or to feel like a "big man" in a uniform or whatever is going on exactly there for them personally. Although I have heard some of these mfers just like to partake in free sh^t or discounts too which is a hustle I can understand the upside of more.

Comment

I wouldn't say 99%.

The channel we cited has more than 1% non whites making false claims.

Gee, I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                Gee, I wonder why?
                Welcome back!

Comment

I used to work with a guy like this always talking about how he was a veteran wore the pins and all that but he never even served.

Comment

Working...
                  X