No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: No Dates Set, I'm Considering Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
    Ward took his soul and made him quit just like salty Froch.
    pretty sure froch didn't quit after losing to ward... he won the IBF belt in his next fight, stopping unbeaten bute, then beat Kessler in a rematch, then beat groves twice. he may still be bit salty about ward BUT HE DEFINITELY ISN'T A QUITTER LIKE KOV IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE...

Comment

• There's an old saying in the music industry... 'they left money on the table'... referring to bands who quit too soon when they could at least have continued with successful tours if not also successful recording careers.

Kovalev retiring now would be along those lines. Too soon to retire. And no, Ward didn't take his soul. That's pure b.s.

He could make a few million over the next half dozen or so fights, going against elites or near elites. There's Stevenson, Cleverly rematch, Braehmer, Joe Smith Jr., Barrera, maybe even Beterbiev. And he would win all or most of them. Remove the Ward b.s. from the mind and move on. That's yesterday's b.s.

Comment

• Don't go out like a sucker! There's so many opponents @ 175: Stevenson, Alvarez, Browne, Gvozdyk, Bivol, Beterbiev, Jack, and Barerra! I would say Kovalev should fight Joe Smith Jr. or Marcus Browne in NYC next. Plenty of E. Euro support in NYC! That would tell Kov whether it's time to hang 'em up!

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          I told ya'll Ward ended his career
          Yes you did.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=749623

Comment

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
            Navel huh?

without a corrupt ref, there'd have been a lot more of these

Why couldn't he knock him down for the next 18 rounds they fought? Corrupt ref?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              He just need some salt water for his nuts and he'll be back.
              Lmao I spit out my drink 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Ward ended KKKovalova's career.

Comment

• This mother****er became buddhist now, talking about "Mount Athos" and "spiritual connection with a God" lol oh yeah
                  Last edited by g27region; 08-26-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• The Focken irony. "I will end your career".

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      I think watching Ward make 11.5 million in 2 fights and Kovalev make peanuts is more likely why he's talking retirement. The man had his kid prior to the Hopkins fight and he was still beating fools soundly.
                      He has to know his place, you're in a foreign territory, you doesn't deserve to even complain about getting underpaid or judges decisions in the first place. Nobody is supposed to like your ass over there or treat you good, so **** crying

Class, you either have it or you're from the city called Kopeysk, Russia
                      Last edited by g27region; 08-26-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X