No announcement yet.

I said kovalev was a flat track bully with questionable heart and chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    It's amazing to me there are people who think the result of this fight was because of a low blows. I guess people will see what they want to see.

What I saw, as someone who wanted Kovalev to KO Ward, was Kovalev getting his butt kicked from the first round till the stoppage. Not just by Ward's doing, but due to Kovalev looking like garbage and a bit of an amateur - following Ward around the ring instead of cutting off the ring, setting up traps or using his great distance to set up up his shots. A guy who was out of gass breathing heavily with his mouth open by round 4. A guy who kept looking at the ref for help. And a guy who's shots didn't seem to have much power behind them. That was all Kovalevs doing. Not sure if it was lack of preparation, it's hard for me to imagine any scenario where that could happen with a fight of this magnitude, but he did say he overtrained for the first fight so maybe he didn't train hard enough here, who knows, whatever the case he looked bad and that should be CLEAR to anyone who watched the fight, and yet we got posters who say it was because of "the low blow". I mean, I know it sucks when the fighter you want so badly to win loses, but c'mon, the lame excuses and ignoring reality needs to stop.
    I really believe kovalev could have fought at a measured pace behind his jab and won rounds. As far as the gassing out early, i believe it had to at least partially due to nerves....he fought that way anyway. He never looked relaxed.

Comment

Working...
    X