No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    That Belt means absolutely NOTHING to Canelo. This fight overshadows what they're fighting for. He can drop that belt, head back down to 154 and fight for that Vacant 154 WBC Strap

Hell, Canelo could lose to Cotto and I guarantee he will be fighting for a title at 154 his very next fight somehow
    Says the guy not fighting for that belt lol

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Screw catchweights.

If you can't fight at the full weight, get the fuk out of the weightclass.
      Amen.

There's none of this BS at Heavyweight.

Comment

Good. If GGG wants that payday he's been desperately chasing instead of glory, he's going to have to accept he's the b-side.

Comment

Of course they're going to drain him and if he wants that fight he is going to have to do it. What Bargaining Chips does he have? 150K PPV Buys? Tureano Johnson as his next opponent back on HBO Network?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
            Body not ready for 160. You mean you're not ready for GGG. Man up Mexican't.

He'll vacate.

Vacate what? Cotto's going to school him.

Comment

GGG is the mandatory. No way out for Cotto nor Canelo unless the winner vacate the championship.

Catchweight allowed for mandatory defense?

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                Says the guy not fighting for that belt lol
                I take that back, I can't speak for Canelo like that.

What I do think is that this fight is more so for the opportunity to become a bigger star vs Cotto more than it is for that 160 WBC Strap. Think about it, this is still a huge fight even if it wasn't a belt involved

By the way Canelo did not say he wouldn't fight GGG, he just said he would have to come down.
                Last edited by sicko; 10-22-2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I felt Canelo could beat GGG at 160, but I guess he thinks differently. My god, boxing is rampant with cowards. These fighters, along with greedy promoters, are what killing the sport.

People should not put a boxer who can, but refused to move up, on any p4p list. This is reason for p4p. Considering all things equal who is the best. If you stay at one weight class you are not a p4p fighter. I don't care who you are. Well, except for heavies who have nowhere to go.

Comment

If Canelo beats Cotto and he is the mandatory middleweight he will either have to vacate or fight at the middle weight limit.

Comment

That Belt means absolutely NOTHING to Canelo. This fight overshadows what they're fighting for. He can drop that belt, head back down to 154 and fight for that Vacant 154 WBC Strap

Hell, Canelo could lose to Cotto and I guarantee he will be fighting for a title at 154 his very next fight somehow
                      It would not be a good look for him to drop the belt to avoid GGG, then drop down to 154 which is hell for him to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X