No announcement yet.

B.Hop on "First Take" talking Pacquiao, Marquez and Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    That's probably because your opinion of his intelligence is based on whether you agree with what he is saying or not.
    No, I'm actually not talking about his opinion at all. I just meant his manner of speech. He goes from breaking down the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight intelligently to trying to make some soup analogy and calling Skip Stu, and I'm thinking, "WTF?"

It's just strange, and there's always moments like that when I watch his interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Stephen A. acting like a douchebag nuthugger now, when he was absolutely on First Take saying Mayweather was running from Pacquiao. He can pretend otherwise, but he was scared, and the video is out there. Stephen A. is a seriously annoying stereotype of every Mayweather nuthugger on this site. Man he drags that show down, which is hard to do when you're opposite Skip lumping Bayless. They never even asked him about his fight. Like Hopkins said, who cares about Mayweather-Pacquiao? They ducked each other, its over.

Hopkins is a strange interview. Every time I see him, he can sound like the most intelligent man one minute, and not so much the next.
      Well, can't please everyone. I think those two are funny the way they go back and forth. I always enjoy hearing them talk about Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

I find the two of them boring in the sense that it is all staged. Neither of them no a thing about the sport which leads me to believe they're not passionate about it ( If they were passionate about it their knowledge would increase as they'd do their research).

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          Well, can't please everyone. I think those two are funny the way they go back and forth. I always enjoy hearing them talk about Mayweather and Pacquiao.
          I enjoy it sometimes too but at least take 10 seconds out the segment to say "You can catch B-Hop in action at the Barclay's Center on March 9. Tickets go on sale this Saturday".

That was real unprofessional the way they treated their guest today.

Comment

Its always mayweather/pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Man, it gets so bad. They do nothing but try to outdo each other. It gets worse with every week. Cold Pizza/First Take used to be a pretty good show, now its sh**.

Stephen A. has been a terrible permanent addition. He is such an a**hole, and so condescending to other debaters while being the biggest suckup b*tch in the world with special guests.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Do they ever discuss anything boxing related besides Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao? I mean damn, they didn't even touch on Hopkins upcoming fight.
                Exactly. Marquez ko's Manny and its still about Manny and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  WTF? Marquez destroys pac and the whole time all they do is talk about pac and floyd. Giving no credit to Marquez for his victory. I know steph acknowledge before that Marquez beat pac in 3rd fight

but I mean they act like pac was knocked out by this phantom right hand aka the ghost of mayweather and not by pac destroyer Marquez

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  'I haven't been pimp slapped in my career'- Pacquiao was pimp slapped lol.
                  that was funny quote from bhop about Marquez putting it on pac like he was some cheap hoe

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I sent in a complaint. I doubt they read it but this is the second time they completely disrespected a boxing legend. They also disrespected Marquez in the pre-fight interviews by focusing on Mayweather and Pacquiao like Marquez doesn't mean **** to the sport of boxing.
                  agree!

Comment

Bernard was cracking me up. Talking about Stew, and never being pimp slapped like pacquiao.
                    Sad they did not get more involved with his fight and instead talking about the Pacquiao knock out.
                    You have a living legend in your show, talk about his career; not others.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      He's a bit like Mike Tyson in that sense. He might not know all the fancy words and phrases etc but if you can look past that and focus on the points he's trying to make you can see that they have a very unique and special kind of knowledge. Not knowledge you can learn in some fancy posh school or university, but that raw street schooled knowledge.

I seriously could listen to Bernard Hopkins talk all day. The man has so much of that old school knowledge in him just listening to a few words from him you can learn so much.
                      Enjoy:

Comment

Working...
                      X