GoldenBoyBoxing Tweet: De La Hoya says "Lets make Marquez-Pacquiao 3!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    GoldenBoyBoxing

De La Hoya speaking to media about the decision on Margarito yesterday & what's next for Pacquiao, he says "Lets make Marquez-Pacquiao 3!"

No lets make JMM and Floyd 2. At 140.

Comment

People fail to realize that the money fights are at WW and even if Manny dropped down to 135 to face Marquez, he would only be hurting himself going back up in weight again. You can't fluctuate up and down in weight against elite fighters, because it takes time for your body to adjust to a new weight.

Now if there weren't big money fights at 147, then yeah I would say go for it. Honestly I would rather see the Margarito fight instead. Not only that, but if Mosley picks up some more good wins, then that would be a great fight aswell as the fight with Mayweather.

As much as I want to see the Marquez fight, if Manny takes that route, then it hurts the chances of fights with other big name fighters in the higher weight classes (or atleast delays them).

Comment

I'd like to see this fight at 140.

Comment

oh ****... a fight with floyd was not done and you want pac to fight jmm instead.

i want pac-dlh at 150. i don't want pac-jmm at any weight. i don't want to see a mummified pac at lower weight class and a bloated jmm above 140.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            No lets make JMM and Floyd 2. At 140.
            And JMM gets out classed even more ,,, how about Pac stop hiding his PEDS use and just agree to random testing like any honorable athlete would do and fight Floyd in a PEDS free fight ?

Comment

the fight should be at 140 period. besides jmm is really planning to go up that weight so i don't see any problem with that. it's surprising to see some posters are making a case that the fight should be at 135 and they're the same people who didn't have any issues when jmm fought at 144 and was even cheated at the scales.

Comment

Pac will want it at 147 at the beginning then just settle for 145 where JMM won't even be a slight threat.

Comment

yeah pac will demand the fight at 147...

Comment

Originally posted by 007geyweather View Post
                    the cut should be 75/25 for Pacquiao without Floyd OST and 140lb. or else De La Hoya can :*******:
                    Why ask for 75/25? So that the fight can't be made? Was Pac/Clottey a 75/25 deal? And who is the bigger name and draw Clottey or Marquez?

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    You know they won't. If it is at 138 and Pac KO's JMM some of these fools won't give him any credit and call him catch-weight king.

IMO it should be at 135 or just no fight. But, that is just my opinion. If he is going to go to 140 but can't make 135 than fight Bradley. I don't want to hear about not being a big draw. I don't care about none of that.

They sure did. JMM can't be out pricing himself out though.
                    It doesn't matter what weight class it is, from 135 to 147 Pac sparks them all out with the exception of Mayweather or Paul Williams. If it is 154 then Sergio Martinez would be a great fight and pick em fight also. Marquez would obiviously give Pac some potential trouble but Pac wins that fight easily at this stage in both of their careers no matter the weight class. Would be a much better fight than the Margorito fight and also being a congressman Pac shouldn't be fighting someone who is an unlicensed cheat in Margorito. not a good look for him especially when Margo isn't the only fight that can be made. Its a joke to even put Bradley, Alexander, Khan or any of the 140 guys in the ring with him but once again would gladly take those over the Margo fight. Only three guys within reasonable weight divisions can beat Pac right now and thats Mayweather, P williams and Sergio Martinez.
                    Last edited by Championart; 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Why would arum reward GBP with a fight with Manny when they failed to deliver Floyd? Makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X