Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Jack Sharkey take a dive against Primo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    You don't have to buy it, you only have to prove Sharkey too a dive for your opinion to hold weight. So far.....no proof.

And what reason would Sharkey's wife have to lie if "fixed" fights were so common?
    We also know crime is a common practice. That doesn't mean our wives will reveal this to the world if we are involved in it. It's common sense. The circumstances surrounding this fight as well as the jab as a "KO" punch are enough evidence for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Machine View Post
      We also know crime is a common practice. That doesn't mean our wives will reveal this to the world if we are involved in it. It's common sense. The circumstances surrounding this fight as well as the jab as a "KO" punch are enough evidence for me.
      Well its obvious you've never seen this fight as its a right uppercut and not a left jab that scores the ko. On top of that I plainly obvious Sharkey was going for the knockout in that same round. But please, feel free to dazzle us with the circumstances surrounding that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QA7Q1hOA0

Comment

Well its obvious you've never seen this fight as its a right uppercut and not a left jab that scores the ko. On top of that I plainly obvious Sharkey was going for the knockout in that same round. But please, feel free to dazzle us with the circumstances surrounding that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QA7Q1hOA0
        I stand corrected. I was confusing that fight with the Ernie Schaaf fight. That doesn't change my opinion on the fight which was clearly fixed. Carnera was not a big puncher and fought like the unskilled big man that he was. Please feel free to dazzle me with your stupid assumption that Sharkey's wife told the truth because fixed fights were common.

Thank you for the cheeky message you sent me. Slagging me off wont change the facts here. It only confirms that you are as big a arsemonger as I suspected.

Comment

[QUOTE]
          I stand corrected. I was confusing that fight with the Ernie Schaaf fight. That doesn't change my opinion on the fight which was clearly fixed. Carnera was not a big puncher and fought like the unskilled big man that he was.
          Funny because he fights with early the exact same style as Vitaly Klitschko.

Please feel free to dazzle me with your stupid assumption that Sharkey's wife told the truth because fixed fights were common.
          No, you think thy were common because that I what you have read. You can't show me proof of 20 fixed fights in this era, just a bunch of heresy. Now, I do believe fights were fixed, but tis was certainly not one of them. You only need to watch the fight to understand why.

Thank you for the cheeky message you sent me. Slagging me off wont change the facts here. It only confirms that you are as big a arsemonger as I suspected.
          Keep the insults to yourself in this section or find somewhere else to post. And I keep the lies to yourself as well. I've never sent you any message let alone a "cheeky" one.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;13530474]

Funny because he fights with early the exact same style as Vitaly Klitschko.

No, you think thy were common because that I what you have read. You can't show me proof of 20 fixed fights in this era, just a bunch of heresy. Now, I do believe fights were fixed, but tis was certainly not one of them. You only need to watch the fight to understand why.

Keep the insults to yourself in this section or find somewhere else to post. And I keep the lies to yourself as well. I've never sent you any message let alone a "cheeky" one.
            You sent me a red message with some sort of points reduction. Not that I care much, but it seems petty to me. The only one lying is you when you claim you never sent me anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lucas Machine;13530486]

You sent me a red message with some sort of points reduction. Not that I care much, but it seems petty to me. The only one lying is you when you claim you never sent me anything.
              What was the "cheeky" message attached to it? Was it a bunch a periods? Because that is ALL that was sent. We can have an administrator check if you'd like, if you still insist on calling me a liar?

By the way, this is strike 2. If you have a problem with me than address it in PM.

Comment

I don't think he took a dive. I think he was intimidated much like Bruno was the second time he faced Tyson. Also like Seldon was when he faced Tyson. Tyson could have blown at Seldon and he would have fell down. Carnera looked like a monster and was very intimidating. Many times intimidation and fear has beaten fighters before they even got into the ring.

Comment

Never believed it was a dive....
                  That uppercut was a peach and the reaction looked legit...

Comment

Originally posted by jackson8 View Post
                    I don't think he took a dive. I think he was intimidated much like Bruno was the second time he faced Tyson. Also like Seldon was when he faced Tyson. Tyson could have blown at Seldon and he would have fell down. Carnera looked like a monster and was very intimidating. Many times intimidation and fear has beaten fighters before they even got into the ring.
                    Sharkey had already beaten Carnera a couple of years before, so intimidation seems rather unlikely.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;13530513]

What was the "cheeky" message attached to it? Was it a bunch a periods? Because that is ALL that was sent. We can have an administrator check if you'd like, if you still insist on calling me a liar?

By the way, this is strike 2. If you have a problem with me than address it in PM.
                      I am not intimidated by you in the least bit. If you want to have a go with me, expect something in return. That's the way it works. If you believe you can sling rubbish and walk away clean, you're dealing with the wrong person.

When it comes to Carnera, he was a lumbering fraud with little skills. The only thing he had was size. Most historians will side with me on that which means you will have to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X