Coping with loss...mentally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coping with loss...mentally

Win like a man; lose like a man.

I fell pretty hard this time. Any thoughts? I think it's self-explanatory. How do you guys deal with it? How do you recover? How do you win? Etc. etc. etc.

Personally and this is just really with martial arts and boxing, i just get angry, lock myself away from the world, beat myself up (not literally lol) and come to the conclusion i didn't train hard enough and then start training with a vengeance.... and then get told not to overtrain........ and then laugh about it afterwards. It can be a vicious circle.

Comment

Learn from it. You learn more from defeat than victory.

Comment

man losing sucks. i hate that feeling, makes you depressed and hate the world. i don't know what to tell you about how to "cope" with it but i can tell you that it'll say a lot about your character if you use an L as motivation to train harder.

Comment

Yeah, that's basically my take on it. I just gotta keep fightin, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
            man losing sucks. i hate that feeling, makes you depressed and hate the world. i don't know what to tell you about how to "cope" with it but i can tell you that it'll say a lot about your character if you use an L as motivation to train harder.
            ---------------------

didnt you say in the thread " to all these people who think they can box" that you havnt had a fight. so how would you know what its like to lose a fight

Comment

my first fight i lost i was so upset like my dreams were broken i was told i had a rematch with him so i trained so hard fight night came i was nervous but i won and it felt like all my hardwork payed off and that there was still hope. i love the sport

Comment

didnt you say in the thread " to all these people who think they can box" that you havnt had a fight. so how would you know what its like to lose a fight
                there's more to lose out there than just fights and i've taken a beating or two in sparring and, if you read close, you'll notice i said losing sucks not losing a fight sucks.

Comment

everybody loses, learn wat u can from it and move on. sulking isn't really going to help. i know its much easier said then done, but u learn a lot about urself after u lose.

think about the silver lining, when ur winning u naturally assume everything ur doing is right even though u prolly made mistakes. but when u lose, it forces u to re-evaluate how u fite. learn from it, make some adjustments and u'll be a better fighter from it.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
                    there's more to lose out there than just fights and i've taken a beating or two in sparring and, if you read close, you'll notice i said losing sucks not losing a fight sucks.
                    -------------------------

well this thread is coping with losing a fight and how do you deal with losing a fight. If you cant handle losing a spar maybe boxing isnt for you, thats why these forums have no credibility because people like you who have no idea what there talkin about or no experience think they know everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X