No announcement yet.

King of The Welterweights Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King of The Welterweights Tournament

what do yall think? different seeding? Thurman and Pac are the top 2 with titles so I seeded them as #1 and #2. Peterson has the WBA strap but no match scheduled.

The only chance of full unification would be if Khan beat Pacquiao and Spence beat Brook. Then PBC would have access to all of the titles. Otherwise we're going to have a PBC champ and a HBO champ for the foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      The only chance of full unification would be if Khan beat Pacquiao and Spence beat Brook. Then PBC would have access to all of the titles. Otherwise we're going to have a PBC champ and a HBO champ for the foreseeable future
      Disagree. Khan-Pacquiao wouldn't have been able to be made if this was true.

Pac-Khan is being negotiated because Top Rank isn't willing to pay Pac his guarantee of 20 million per fight. So Pac is seemingly free to negotiate.

Pac-khan being made shows that Pac-Thurman is possible.

In terms of the tournament. I think it all depends on the outcome of the Brook-Spence fight and how many totally viewers tuned into Thurman-Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        Disagree. Khan-Pacquiao wouldn't have been able to be made if this was true.

Pac-Khan is being negotiated because Top Rank isn't willing to pay Pac his guarantee of 20 million per fight. So Pac is seemingly free to negotiate.

Pac-khan being made shows that Pac-Thurman is possible.

In terms of the tournament. I think it all depends on the outcome of the Brook-Spence fight and how many totally viewers tuned into Thurman-Garcia.
        Khan is a little more independent than most Haymon fighters and he's still only being allowed to cross the street for mega-fights with Canelo and Pacquiao. Arum will never let Pacquiao fight on a PBC card so the only hope is if Haymon would let his guys go and play the B-side on HBO, which I doubt he'd do in the case of favourites like Thurman and Spence when he has plenty of his own fighters they could face

As for Brook, I think he can fight on PBC if he wants, but I just suspect he'd choose Pacquiao over Thurman

Comment

None of these guys are any good to me. Boxing is in a sad place right now. WW fell off the face of the earth.

Comment

I'd rather see Pacquiao fight Broner after Khan. Let Bradley fight the winner of Porter/Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
              None of these guys are any good to me. Boxing is in a sad place right now. WW fell off the face of the earth.
              Trinidad would look like Godzilla against this group.

Comment

This is not true. WW is loaded with good fighters. Name 10 top fighters from WW where you thought it was good that were in that same division at the same time.

Comment

Get rid of the Berto/Porter matchup. No one has to go through them to be recognized as the king of the welters.

Comment

Completely agree. Another poster made a thread about Thurman being Top 10 PFP. Based on what? He squeaked by Porter and won a fight against Danny Garcia...a fight in which Thurman "boxed him" and did not dominate by any means.

Spence and Brook is the best WW fight in years if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                    X