No announcement yet.

I think Floyd will hit the canvas once against Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    But if he hadn't held on for dear life, he possibly could have. He's a good survivor. Plus Mosley threw a bunch of wild hayemakers that Floyd was able to block easier after. But Ortiz is one of those fighters who can put you down even when you hold on for dear life because he's so strong and accurate.

Add in the fact that Floyd's 34 and isn't as quick on his feet as he once was.
    I disagree with the holding on for dear life part. He held on, like he was supposed to. It's boxing, people get hit.

Comment

i see ortiz landing that left hand maybe 2-3 times early

Comment

Floyd will be going on 35 by time the fight hits, he fights like once every 2 years now so he will be rusty, and he's fighting a young athletic Southpaw with very good skills. This is no tuneup. Its very dangerous and he could very well catch Floyd with something early.

Like you said though, after that Floyd will adjust. The question is will there be an after that? Getting caught by a Southpaw hurts more then being caught by a righty, espically when youre older & inactive. With that being said, its more plausible for Floyd to straight dominate from start to finish......lol

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Floyd will be going on 35 by time the fight hits, he fights like once every 2 years now so he will be rusty, and he's fighting a young athletic Southpaw with very good skills. This is no tuneup. Its very dangerous and he could very well catch Floyd with something early.

Like you said though, after that Floyd will adjust. The question is will there be an after that? Getting caught by a Southpaw hurts more then being caught by a righty, espically when youre older & inactive. With that being said, its more plausible for Floyd to straight dominate from start to finish......lol
          ???????????what????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
            I disagree with the holding on for dear life part. He held on, like he was supposed to. It's boxing, people get hit.
            I never said there was anything wrong with it. He did what he was supposed to do. But my point is, Ortiz can land even when the opponent is trying to hold on because of his size and accuracy. He won't just jump on you and throw wild hayemakers like Mosley does.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              ???????????what????????????
              I believe that. Not the punch itself but moreso just because its a blind punch that you dont see coming or that you can see it coming, put up a great D for it, and still get caught flush. There is a reason why RJ got put to sleep by Tarver. He threw a punch, saw Tarver about to counter, stepped back with the hand on the right side of his face like Floyd, and got caught straight down the pipe.

Wlad got caught early by Saunders, saw every Sanders punch after that, tried to block it but couldnt. It got so bad that he started putting both hands in front of himself like a girl to block it but couldnt. I saw MAB against Pac circling, stepping out of range while Pac threw his left. He did it again the very next second, and Pac caught him dead on the chin & dropped him. You could tell MAB was seriously hurt, just like RJ & Wlad were. He wasnt use to getting hit by that punch. Against a righty it would never land.

Floyd before Mosley had only been buzzed 1 time and hurt bad 1 time and they were both by Southpaws. Its a different punch. It hurts more because its unexpected or its totally expected and you still cant stop it. You can brace more for punches from righty's. I think being a lefty is the biggerst advantage in sports, espically boxing. Guys just arent use to fighting them, and thats including other Southpaws

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

On the contrary, I think Floyd will end the streak of breys being put on their pants-seat by Vic.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I believe that. Not the punch itself but moreso just because its a blind punch that you dont see coming or that you can see it coming, put up a great D for it, and still get caught flush. There is a reason why RJ got put to sleep by Tarver. He threw a punch, saw Tarver about to counter, stepped back with the hand on the right side of his face like Floyd, and got caught straight down the pipe.

Wlad got caught early by Saunders, saw every Sanders punch after that, tried to block it but couldnt. It got so bad that he started putting both hands in front of himself like a girl to block it but couldnt. I saw MAB against Pac circling, stepping out of range while Pac threw his left. He did it again the very next second, and Pac caught him dead on the chin & dropped him. You could tell MAB was seriously hurt, just like RJ & Wlad were. He wasnt use to getting hit by that punch. Against a righty it would never land.

Floyd before Mosley had only been buzzed 1 time and hurt bad 1 time and they were both by Southpaws. Its a different punch. It hurts more because its unexpected or its totally expected and you still cant stop it. You can brace more for punches from righty's. I think being a lefty is the biggerst advantage in sports, espically boxing. Guys just arent use to fighting them, and thats including other Southpaws
                    he got up with tarver.johnson tucked him in for the night

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                      he got up with tarver.johnson tucked him in for the night
                      Johnson tucked him because he wasnt the same anymore after what Tarver did. Anybody wouldve killed him that night. Dont get me wrong, I think going up to HW and coming straight back down is what really killed RJ. He shouldve fought Tarver the 1st time but I wouldve retired after that. I guess he felt it was an off night but the fact is he wasnt the same anymore. Still, that was a perfect punch that no righty in boxing wouldve landed on him.

If Pac was a righty he would be good but he wouldnt be nearly as dominant. If Ortiz was a righty he would be solid but he wouldnt drop guys in every fight. If Floyd was a Southpaw then he would be the best ever. I always said that people dont talk about it enough. Its a huge advantage and there are only a few guys who know how to fight them well.

Mosley's way past it but Pac doesnt drop him if he's not a Southpaw. JMM doesnt have the greatest D in the world but he doesnt get dropped 3 times in the 1st round by anyone if they arent a Lefty

Comment

Working...
                      X