Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao or Thurman - Who has the better resume from 2016-present?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
    If we base solely on quality, yes Thurman no doubt. But if we quantify it, Pac has more fights to add up. Pac also has the Bradley win, a top 5 WW. That alone can be compared to either Garcia and Porter.

To me,

Garcia is slightly above Bradley because of Garcia's '0'
    Porter over Horn
    Broner equivalent to Josesito

but then, there are still

Vargas - a top 10 WW, arguably top 5 when Pac fought him
    Matthysse - yes he's shot but still a good addition for anybody's resume nonetheless

If we quantify them along with quality, I think they're pretty even.
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Pacquiao beat Bradley who was a top 5 WW.
    I’m a Bradley fan but

Bradley wasn’t top5 in 2016-2017

In those years he beat Vargas and Rios . No one had Bradley ranked above Thurman / Spence / Brook / Manny / Garcia /Porter /

Beating high quality Opponets holds more weight then beating a bunch of lower quality Opponets

Since fighting PAC , 2 retired right after and neither of the other 3 have a high quality win since. Horns best name is 104 year old Mundine / Vargas has Dulhorme.

Porter has beat Garcia and Ugas both high quality wins

Garcia has beat Rios better Name then A decrepit Mundine and Dulhorme and the Porter fight could have went either way

Thurman beating Porter / Garcia in their Primes trumps the 5 names on Pacs CV

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I’m a Bradley fan but

In those years he beat Vargas and Rios . No one had Bradley ranked above Thurman / Spence / Brook / Manny / Garcia /Porter /

Beating high quality Opponets holds more weight then beating a bunch of lower quality Opponets

Since fighting PAC , 2 retired right after and neither of the other 3 have a high quality win since. Horns best name is 104 year old Mundine / Vargas has Dulhorme.

Garcia has beat Rios better Name then A decrepit Mundine and Dulhorme and the Porter fight could have went either way

What? Please tell me who Garcia beat at that time at WW?

You said Spence? That has to be a joke. At the time Pacquiao fought Bradley, Spence's best win was Chris Van Heerden.

What are we even doing right now? Bradley was absolutely a top 5 WW when Pacquiao beat him.

Comment

I’m a Bradley fan but

You didn’t know that Pac and Bradley were WWs #2 and #3 when they fought in 2016? That’s when Pac became the Lineal champ after winning.

You seem to be more on just quality of opponents, I understand. But I just feel that quantity also compensates. Plus Pac’s opposition aren’t really bad. As you just said earlier post, they were descent opposition. Resumes can also be a numbers game.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          What? Please tell me who Garcia beat at that time at WW?

You said Spence? That has to be a joke. At the time Pacquiao fought Bradley, Spence's best win was Chris Van Heerden.

What are we even doing right now? Bradley was absolutely a top 5 WW when Pacquiao beat him.
          I’m pretty sure Danny was holding the WBC strap when PAC/Bradley had their Trilogy l, add to it he was the man at 140 I think that should hold some weight and have him
          Above Bradley at the time, you disagree cool

Bradley 32-33 clearly Had 1 Foot out the door and even if
          Rated higher I doubt in 2016 many would have favoured Bradley over Thurman / Porter/Brook / Spence /Garcia. 4/5 of the fighters listed are natural WW who have a size advantage over Bradley , He never faced a natural WW in his career you really think that wasn’t by choice. If you think That version of Bradley & 4 or 5 other decent names hold more weight then Beating Garcia / Porter I don’t know what to say

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
          You didn’t know that Pac and Bradley were WWs #2 and #3 when they fought in 2016? That’s when Pac became the Lineal champ after winning.

You seem to be more on just quality of opponents, I understand. But I just feel that quantity also compensates. Plus Pac’s opposition aren’t really bad. As you just said earlier post, they were descent opposition. Resumes can also be a numbers game.
          To me that’s what matters Quality over Quantity. Thurman’s 2 wins and when he beat them are far better then the list of PAC foes even added up

I don’t know you may feel that beating 4 lower class fighters and 1 Good fighter trump beating 2 prime Top Tier Fighters / I don’t but that just me

Comment

I rate Bradley high. But ima have to go with Thurman. Garcia and Porter back to back??

Comment

I’m pretty sure Danny was holding the WBC strap when PAC/Bradley had their Trilogy l, add to it he was the man at 140 I think that should hold some weight and have him
              Above Bradley at the time, you disagree cool

Bradley 32-33 clearly Had 1 Foot out the door and even if
              Rated higher I doubt in 2016 many would have favoured Bradley over Thurman / Porter/Brook / Spence /Garcia. 4/5 of the fighters listed are natural WW who have a size advantage over Bradley , He never faced a natural WW in his career you really think that wasn’t by choice. If you think That version of Bradley & 4 or 5 other decent names hold more weight then Beating Garcia / Porter I don’t know what to say

To me that’s what matters Quality over Quantity. Thurman’s 2 wins and when he beat them are far better then the list of PAC foes even added up

I don’t know you may feel that beating 4 lower class fighters and 1 Good fighter trump beating 2 prime Top Tier Fighters / I don’t but that just me
              Who did Garcia win that WBC title from? Washed up Robert f'n Guerrero who looked like utter crap against Aaron Martinez the fight prior.

I just commented on you saying Pacquiao didn't beat any top 5 WW during that stretch and I said he did. By your own standards, DSG wasn't a top 5 WW when Thurman beat him either. Why? Because to me in 2017, Thurman/Brook/Spence/Porter/Pacquiao were all superior to him.

Counting Garcia as a top 5 WW win and not Bradley as one, when he was actually top 10 P4P, is questionable.

But whatever, we can agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
              X