Collapse
No announcement yet.

trump to cohen: name a country led by a black person that isn't a shythole

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This still stands out as one of the radical left's more strategically brilliant narratives. Usually they're so dopey and transparent. Cohen had nothing to lose at this point & was going to jail for lying either way so they used him as a suicide bomber.

It's simultaneously extremely unlikely that he said it (given that Cohen is literally a convicted liar)..

Yet the statement is true enough in a broad sense that people will:

- Forget that they're arguing about the authenticity of the quote
    - Instead argue about whether it's true or not
    - Remember their anger from the ensuing argument & associate that anger with "Trumpism"

It's just rare to be able to say "well-played" to the usually hilariously clumsy left. Wheeling out another catlady to accuse Trump of spiking her punch would have been more the norm.
    Last edited by ////; 07-06-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Osteen View Post
      So we're going to act like outside of the investor owned resorts those places aren't ****holes? I fish in the Bahamas regularly and all the locals are poor and live in squalor.
      i've got a buddy working as a foreigner in Barbados that told me the same thing. hates leaving his work area and only goes to the tourist spots. his pay as an engineer is too good for him to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Bit of an outsider here, but it’s strange to me that this guy is testifying things that trump did/said that aren’t illegal.
        He was already going to prison for fraud and perjury anyway at this point.

This was a desperate public testimony where he "suddenly remembered a bunch of stuff" & alleged that he was the real victim — a victim of Trump's racist brainwashing.

Up to that point I felt kind of sorry for him (nothing he did was dirtier than the norm for federal elections, but they needed a fall-guy).

Afterwards... All pity vanished...
        Last edited by ////; 07-06-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X