Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bareknuckle fighting is a different game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sport is a joke. I exist the same way the BIG 3 exist but instead on the fighting world you get hurt. EVERYONE got a bad cut, that will only get worse and worse in future fights this is why anyone who is trying to take boxing serious should never join a sport like this. If you need supplemental income then get a full time job.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
      Like these?

wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        wtf is that?
        That's Bass Rutten throwing those vicious "palm strikes" this guy was talking here:

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        I think you know nothing of Palm strikes find a tree and smack it hard nothing happens to your hand gets some boards strike it and watch them break. Now watch Bas Ruten do palm strike on UFC guys before they used gloves

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Concrete has very weak tensile strength. Its why rebar is used in construction. 10 year olds can break unenforced concrete.

It is also why karate phags put the unenforced concrete up on blocks with the center unsupported, this allows tensile stresses when struck. This is why karate phags dont strike concrete cylinders which would only be compression stresses, because they cant generate 5000psi to crush it.

If a 10 year old can do it, its not a feat of strength.
          How about this, tough guy. Take a4" block, and knock the webbing out with a brick hammer, making two slabs. Set them up on blocks om top of one another, try to punch through them, and let me know how it works out for you.

Pics of your broken hand would be awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Street fighting in general is not PPV worthy, but they're marketing what the fans keep saying they want - blood, knockouts, cuts, relaxed rules, punishing overly defensive fighters, etc. People keep saying "pillow gloves" - so they got rid of the gloves entirely.

They give people exactly what they want but then don't want to pay for it.

Same damn thing happened with BKB (Big Knockouts Boxing). People said they wanted to see more knockouts, they gave people more knockouts, yet it still failed because nobody wanted to pay for it.

People don't want what they say they want. That's why it bothers me when certain people especially on NSB keep complaining about it. If boxing is that bad, PAY FOR THE ALTERNATIVE that gives you exactly what you want.
            People generally only pay for big names even in regular boxing. GGG had to knock a lot of people out before people wanted to see him do it on PPV. Sport has a lot to do with personalities too, it's individuals that really build a following through promotion but it takes time.

Given time though, I can see BKFC doing well with boxing fans especially if they can get some KO artists over from boxing. and some MMA

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Boxing defensive maneuvers work fine in that sport, as Lobov could barely land anything on Malignaggi.

But offensively you can't just tee off on guys and reel off multi-punch combinations to the head. There is a real danger of hurting your hands like Paulie did yesterday.

I think precision is much more important and you have to be very careful about where you place your shots. It's also probably a good idea to concentrate heavily on the body too.
              Precision is just as important in boxing. A primed, young boxer with top pedigree would make a mockery of most in bare knuckle fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Precision is just as important in boxing. A primed, young boxer with top pedigree would make a mockery of most in bare knuckle fighting.
                Young, prime Mike Tyson broke his hand when he hit Mitch Green in a street fight.

It's a different game when you don't have wraps, tape, and gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Sport has a lot to do with personalities too, it's individuals that really build a following through promotion but it takes time.
                  I had a post on here months ago that specifically said that boxing needs personalities, promo, big entrances and drama. Everyone said "no, all that matters is that they get in the ring and fight" "this isn't WWE" "all that fake drama is corny, we don't need it " etc.

OK, so BKFC is "get in the ring and fight" yet people still don't show up for it. I think they pulled like 5,000 people? Indy wrestling is pulling more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    I think the "gypsy slick" style that guys like Tyson Fury and Billy Joe Saunders employ to great effect in pro boxing probably derives from bare knuckle boxing. I don't know if those two specifically had any bare knuckle fights but their training and stylistic principals would've likely been influenced by it anyway. The sport has a long unbroken tradition in that community, not like the American scene which looks like it's going to have to basically re-evolve from scratch
                    Anyone interested in gypsy bare knuckle fighting should watch this doc, tis a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      i still have a hard time classyfying bkb as a real sport.

apperantly so do they. went to their website trying to find out what their scoring criteria are. nada. maybe it's just me being the ret@@rd i am but how do you score a bareknukcle fight?

i see people say agression is one of the scoring criterias but does it mean just agression? you can unload a barrage of punches, miss 90% of them, get outjabbed and still win the round? how does that work?

if a bkb wasn't split to 5 rounds and they did things how it's done on the streets of how the irish gypsies do them then i would have no problem with them. the last man standing wins.

but right now it seems like that org are trying to figure out wtf they are. and right now they're more like wwe than a legit sport organisation to me.

finally got myself to watch the full fight. paulie won this thing.
                      Yeah, as far as BK as a sport, I don't see it refined as a sport yet. I see it as guys having neighborhood, parking lot and road rage fights. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X