No announcement yet.

Who Could Roy Jones Not Have Beaten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -You and nonsense seem to go hand in hand.

AOL was in an uproar over the challenge. But Darius lost his next fight that sent Roy's boys into an ecstasy of " I told you so." But then Roy got KOed by Tarver and Roy's boys disappeared forever much like Tyson's did.

You musta been in diapers and perhaps can be excused for not knowing what you know not.
    Around and around we go.

Show me the dates.

Do some research.

1. Either you've got your dates wrong.

2. It was complete nonsense.

Once again:

Why would Dariusz have called out Roy in 2003, when:

1. He wouldn't negotiate in 2001

2. Roy was at HW.

It's a joke.

I keep telling you that Roy fought Ruiz in March, 2003, and then he signed to fight Tarver in September, 2003, after the Holyfield fight had fallen through.

Tarver had been goading Roy all year.

Nobody had heard anything from Dariusz for 2 years.

He was still in Germany milking his lightly regarded WBO belt.

He fought Harmon in March, 2003, and he fought Gonzalez in October, 2003.

So he would have signed to fight Harmon after Roy had signed to fight Ruiz, and he'd have signed to fight Gonzalez just before Roy had signed to fight Tarver.

So are you claiming that he tried to get Roy to drop back from HW to fight him instead of Tarver?

Stop whining and give us all some actual details.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
      Around and around we go.

Show me the dates.

Do some research.

1. Either you've got your dates wrong.

2. It was complete nonsense.

Once again:

Why would Dariusz have called out Roy in 2003, when:

1. He wouldn't negotiate in 2001

2. Roy was at HW.

It's a joke.

I keep telling you that Roy fought Ruiz in March, 2003, and then he signed to fight Tarver in September, 2003, after the Holyfield fight had fallen through.

Tarver had been goading Roy all year.

Nobody had heard anything from Dariusz for 2 years.

He was still in Germany milking his lightly regarded WBO belt.

He fought Harmon in March, 2003, and he fought Gonzalez in October, 2003.

So he would have signed to fight Harmon after Roy had signed to fight Ruiz, and he'd have signed to fight Gonzalez just before Roy had signed to fight Tarver.

So are you claiming that he tried to get Roy to drop back from HW to fight him instead of Tarver?

Stop whining and give us all some actual details.
      - -You're like the boys who count to 10 and think they know math or recite their ABCs and think they can read.

I gave you the moment in their overlapping careers when Darius was 48-0, the long time lineal champ with a title record of 25-0.

He HBO refused to cough up the money for such a big fight and Roy may not have wanted it in the states much less Germany that was where all the big money was.

Now, get your minder to read this and show him the boxrec site where the records of Roy and Darius reside, and EUREKA, he can spoon feed ya all you need to know.

Comment

- -You're like the boys who count to 10 and think they know math or recite their ABCs and think they can read.

I gave you the moment in their overlapping careers when Darius was 48-0, the long time lineal champ with a title record of 25-0.

He HBO refused to cough up the money for such a big fight and Roy may not have wanted it in the states much less Germany that was where all the big money was.

Now, get your minder to read this and show him the boxrec site where the records of Roy and Darius reside, and EUREKA, he can spoon feed ya all you need to know.
        More waffle.

You aren't showing me ANYTHING.

ONCE AGAIN:

Between the Harmon fight and the Gonzalez fight, Roy was up at HEAVYWEIGHT.

Do you understand?

He was negotiating for other HW fights.

HBO had already tried to negotiate with Dariusz' promoter - Klaus Peter Kohl in 2001, yet he wouldn't meet with them. Kerry Davis of HBO has confirmed this.

Again, you have already admitted that it was a long time ago and you aren't sure of the dates. You have admitted that earlier on in this thread.

All talk of a Roy-Dariusz fight in 2003 was dead in the water.

There was no big money fight in Germany.

Roy had earnt $15m for the Ruiz fight, and when he decided to drop back to LHW, Tarver was the only name that mattered. And he got a minimum of $5m for that fight. Also, what on earth makes you think that Dariusz was serious?

Take a look at who Dariusz fought. Consider that he seemed happy to lose his 2 main titles in order to keep his precious WBO belt.

There is no logic to what you're saying. If he wouldn't fight Roy in 2001, then why on earth would he have been willing to have fought him 2 years later, when he was trying to tie with Marciano's record?

There was simply no fight to be made back in 2003.

You can insult me all you want.

The difference between me and you is simple:

I can list actual facts with the exact dates etc, whereas you can't.

Now unless you can back up your claims, there's no point in taking this any further.
        Last edited by robertzimmerman; 05-01-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• The difference between me and you is simple:

I can list actual facts with the exact dates etc, whereas you can't.

Now unless you can back up your claims, there's no point in taking this any further.
          - -OK, neither you or your minder can read boxrec.

No shame in being simple, so I'll try to simplify simple for y'all:

Darius lost his 0 in Oct, and Roy was off his brilliance 3 weeks later in the first Tarver fight. Surely even the average Village dolt could see Roy chose the lessor legacy and purse in the most public duck possible, so maybe hire a minder for your minder to assist your long neglected education.

Comment

- -You and nonsense seem to go hand in hand.

AOL was in an uproar over the challenge. But Darius lost his next fight that sent Roy's boys into an ecstasy of " I told you so." But then Roy got KOed by Tarver and Roy's boys disappeared forever much like Tyson's did.

You musta been in diapers and perhaps can be excused for not knowing what you know not.
            oh snap!

It's nice to finally see you on the winning side of a debate. This is probably the only time you're discussing a topic with someone more loathed that you. The forum's behind you (finally) enjoy your moment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              oh snap!

It's nice to finally see you on the winning side of a debate. This is probably the only time you're discussing a topic with someone more loathed that you. The forum's behind you (finally) enjoy your moment!
              - -Are you applying to be Zimmy's minder's minder?

Larry, Moe, & Curly Joe in slo-mo redacted for for the third millennium?

Youtube hit potential. Make it so!

Comment

- -OK, neither you or your minder can read boxrec.

No shame in being simple, so I'll try to simplify simple for y'all:

Darius lost his 0 in Oct, and Roy was off his brilliance 3 weeks later in the first Tarver fight. Surely even the average Village dolt could see Roy chose the lessor legacy and purse in the most public duck possible, so maybe hire a minder for your minder to assist your long neglected education.
                You've proven the definition of simple time and again.

What am I supposed to be reading on BoxRec?

Dariusz signed to fight Julio Gonzalez in the summer of 2003, whilst Roy was still at HW and looking for a huge money fight against the likes of Holyfield.

Do you understand?

Let that sink in for a moment.

You're trying to tell me that despite failed negotiations in 2001, that Dariusz suddenly wanted Roy 2 years later, when he wasn't even a LHW.

Ha!

Really?

I don't think so.

And what big money was there for Roy in Germany, considering that he'd just made $15m, and the Tarver fight was for a guaranteed $5m?

You are hopeless.

Roy did not choose the lesser purse.

Nor did he choose the lesser challenge.

Tarver was a rangy southpaw who presented a tougher challenge stylistically, and it was for one of the three main belts.

Let me know when this sinks in.

One more time for you just to make sure:

Tarver brought a tougher challenge, for more money, and for one of the three main belts.

Dariusz was still in Germany milking the WBO for all it's worth.

Only an absolute fool would think that Dariusz was serious about fighting Roy in the summer of 2003, when again:

1. He wouldn't fight him 2 years earlier

2. Roy wasn't a LHW and was looking for another big HW fight

3. Dariusz was trying to tie Rocky's record.

Yet I'm supposed to ignore all of that, because there was talk on AOL, even though you can't be sure of the dates?

Ha!

Let it go man.

Stop digging the hole any deeper.

You look like a damn fool.
                Last edited by robertzimmerman; 05-01-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                  oh snap!

The winning side of the debate?

Ha!

I've got to give credit where it's due.

You guys are entertainers.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    You've proven the definition of simple time and again.

What am I supposed to be reading on BoxRec?

Dariusz signed to fight Julio Gonzalez in the summer of 2003, whilst Roy was still at HW and looking for a huge money fight against the likes of Holyfield.

Do you understand?

Let that sink in for a moment.

You're trying to tell me that despite failed negotiations in 2001, that Dariusz suddenly wanted Roy 2 years later, when he wasn't even a LHW.

Ha!

Really?

I don't think so.

And what big money was there for Roy in Germany, considering that he'd just made $15m, and the Tarver fight was for a guaranteed $5m?

You are hopeless.

Roy did not choose the lesser purse.

Nor did he choose the lesser challenge.

Tarver was a rangy southpaw who presented a tougher challenge stylistically, and it was for one of the three main belts.

Let me know when this sinks in.

One more time for you just to make sure:

Tarver brought a tougher challenge, for more money, and for one of the three main belts.

Dariusz was still in Germany milking the WBO for all it's worth.

Only an absolute fool would think that Dariusz was serious about fighting Roy in the summer of 2003, when again:

1. He wouldn't fight him 2 years earlier

2. Roy wasn't a LHW and was looking for another big HW fight

3. Dariusz was trying to tie Rocky's record.

Yet I'm supposed to ignore all of that, because there was talk on AOL, even though you can't be sure of the dates?

Ha!

Let it go man.

Stop digging the hole any deeper.

You look like a damn fool.
                    - -No need to dig a hole when you keep popping out of it.

I'm telling you Darius appeared on a HBO broadcast that Roy was attending or announcing. Darius was fixing to simultaneously tie Rocky's 49-0 and Joe's 26-0 title record. He wanted to fight Roy for that fight.

Thems the facts Jack, and no amount of equivocating, rationalizing, or pulling faerie tails out of yer hole changes them facts.

I suggest you get a new hole to tidy up and a new minder for a new start on a new day.

Comment

- -No need to dig a hole when you keep popping out of it.

I'm telling you Darius appeared on a HBO broadcast that Roy was attending or announcing. Darius was fixing to simultaneously tie Rocky's 49-0 and Joe's 26-0 title record. He wanted to fight Roy for that fight.

Thems the facts Jack, and no amount of equivocating, rationalizing, or pulling faerie tails out of yer hole changes them facts.

I suggest you get a new hole to tidy up and a new minder for a new start on a new day.
                      I'd have more chance debating with a house plant.

I don't care where he popped up and what he said.

In 1996, Frankie Liles said in the media that Roy wouldn't fight him. Yet he then turned down his biggest payday, to the dismay of his manager, who ended up leaving him.

In 2001, Joe Calzaghe told the media that he wanted to fight Roy. Yet he wouldn't move up to LHW or fight in the U.S. with Showtime. He then continued to kill himself to make SMW, where he fought more B to C class guys to rack up his WBO title defences.

In 2002, Bernard Hopkins demanded a 50/50 split live on air. Yet when HBO execs met with him privately, he demanded $10m or no fight. He then had a year out before challenging out all of the JMW champs.

I can give you a ton of examples.

Talk is cheap.

Anybody can say anything.

So what if Dariusz said he wanted to fight Roy in 2003?

If you want straight up facts, you can have them.

It's a fact that 2 years earlier, Dariusz' promoter would not even answer or return HBO's calls where they wanted to sit down and discuss the specifics. Kerry Davis is on record stating this. You can have the links if you want. After repeated attempts at calling, he ended up sending a fax across, saying that he'd like to chat about a possible double header that could have seen Dariusz fight live in the U.S. for the first time. Yet that fax was turned down instantly. So they wouldn't take calls, yet the fax was instantly turned down, without even wanting to discuss any specifics.

Those are the facts that can be backed up.

When Roy was at LHW, Dariusz and his promoter weren't interested.

Yet 2 years later when Roy had LEFT the LHW division, up he pops suddenly wanting a fight?

How convenient.

Not only are you dumb enough to think that that was legit, you also criticise Roy for not dropping back and fighting him.

Honestly, you're too much.

Roy's a ducker, on the grounds that Dariusz SAID that he wanted to fight him, despite everything else that had happened beforehand?

Brilliant.

You are absolutely clueless.

At the time Dariusz made those comments, Roy would have been in talks to fight Corrie Sanders and other guys at HW.

In 2001, Roy-Dariusz was huge.

In 2003, all talk was dead.

The biggest fights for Roy that were realistic, were either Evander or Tarver. Both of which would have brought more money than fighting Dariusz.

Now run along because you are completely out of your depth.
                      Last edited by robertzimmerman; 05-02-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X