Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peterson Quit? He Told His Trainer "IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT, IM COOL WITH THAT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He quit. Pummeled into submission. Why you want to sugar coat it??? He could have opened up and got laid out flat...or cover up and stay on his stool. What did he choose? He gave his trainer the okay. Regardless of whether or not it was the wise decision, the fact is: he quit!

Comment

He quit. He told his trainer to make the call. He didn't plead with him not to stop the fight. It was a way for Peterson to save face and not be accused of quitting.

Honestly, I wouldn't have lost any respect for Peterson had he quit on his stool. Once a fighter knows he doesn't stand a chance to win, I can't fault him for throwing in the towel and avoiding serious brain injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        He quit, but I have no problem with boxers quitting when it's a matter of long-term health. I have a problem with a guy quitting if he's just being outclassed.
        Couldn't have said it better. He had nothing for Spence, and was getting beaten up quite badly.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Both of them quit. Lucas blatantly quit but you can keep your head up his ass and pretend otherwise. It won't change the facts.
          lucas got dropped though. and you can see the damage from his eye.

rigo?? what's the excuse?

if you gonna bring up examples of fighters quitting, try not to post with your emotions. you brought up lucas/postol as an example which there is plenty of better and more recent examples of fighters quitting!

Comment

The fight was over it was just a matter of how it ended, if a guy is beat and knows it is over no reason for a fight to really go on.

If a guy can't win what is the point of going on? They lost either way, and coming back off a fight like that is going to be hard either way.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              Just rewatched it. This was the conversation...

Hunter "I don't like what I see, Kiddo"
              Lamont "Stop talking, B. You know me. If you gon make the call make the call. I'm good. If you're gonna be talking to me, give me some instructions for the fight, lets go. Let's make it work"

This is why context matters. "If you gon make the call make the call" wasn't telling Hunter to stop the fight. What Lamont was saying was, he wasn't trying to hear that. If you gonna do it then do it. If not, give me some instructions so I can handle my business. Warrior
              That is exactly what was said

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                lucas got dropped though. and you can see the damage from his eye.

rigo?? what's the excuse?

if you gonna bring up examples of fighters quitting, try not to post with your emotions. you brought up lucas/postol as an example which there is plenty of better and more recent examples of fighters quitting!

They both quit and I'll use whatever example I choose and you can't do anything about it. Your head up Lucas Matthysse's ass won't change the fact that he quit.

The only person getting emotional about this is your typically stupid ass.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 01-22-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I heard him say "this is going how i want, i'm just getting warmed up" but Hunter stopped it. WTF man?

Comment

Working...
                  X