Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Peterson, why such a long layoff??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Peterson, why such a long layoff??

I see he fights this weekend but he hasnt fought since 2016...why?

I think a couple fights fell through. And then he vacated his belt.

Comment

He is a weaker minded/bodied version of his brother. Barry Hunter has to do some great matchmaking because he could loose on any given night to any decent strong willed/relentless slugger.

Comment

If I'm correct, he was supposed to fight Keith Thurman. He was the regular champion to Thurman's super champion or something. Obviously, Thurman doesn't plan on fighting soon, so Peterson jumped at the chance to fight for Errol's belt instead. This is what happens when you wait on fighters. Hopefully, Shawn Porter doesn't throw away 2018 waiting for Thurman.

Comment

Rios took his damn soul apparently.... since that fight he's only fought D-list guys, mostly on Lamont's undercards. He's not interested in challenging rated guys, for whatever reason. I guess Lamonts money has them both taken care of?

Comment

Funny you bring it up. I was just thinking about him the other day. I was watching an interview with Brandon Rios and he mentioned how the last time he was this serious (referring to the fight with Garcia) was before the Peterson fight. Then I started wondering what the hell happened to him. There was a time when I thought he would be the more successful of the two brothers. I was obviously way off.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              If I'm correct, he was supposed to fight Keith Thurman. He was the regular champion to Thurman's super champion or something. Obviously, Thurman doesn't plan on fighting soon, so Peterson jumped at the chance to fight for Errol's belt instead. This is what happens when you wait on fighters. Hopefully, Shawn Porter doesn't throw away 2018 waiting for Thurman.
              Anthony Peterson not Lamont. Anthony is the younger bro with the loss to BamBam Rios at 135

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                I think a couple fights fell through. And then he vacated his belt.
                what belt??

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                  that was Lamont

Comment

Rios destroyed that boy, he has never been the same. Was supposed to be this star was actually getting the push not his bro and had hbo backing and everything but real broke him down mentally, physically and spiritually and homeboy aint never been the same since.

Comment

Working...
                    X