Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a quick summary on what happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a quick summary on what happened?

I missed the fight.

There's your answer.

Comment

Dude, there's already clips of the fight on Youtube!

Comment

They both threw no punches, Hopkins threw head butts and clinches and won the rounds.

C- for performance
        A+ for acting

Comment

hugs and pitty pads

Comment

Wow I expected it to be not good but by what you guys are telling me sounds way worse than my expectations. Both of them need to retire ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
              I missed the fight.
              it was a bore fest, neither guy doing much, Hopkins landing and holding, non effective shots. Hopkins went down 2 times when Jones punched behind the head and also down after a soft low blow, he milked all the time he could. Boring fight.

Comment

what happened is hopkins just beat out Dirrell for this year's academy awards (more like Razzie) nominations.

Hopkins deliberately and obviously hit roy with low blows but when Ref wasn't looking so he didnt' get caught. Then Hopkins gets hit in the back of the head and he falls down and starts crying and acting unconscious and rolls around on the floor. Roy is deducted a point and the fight is delayed for like 5 minutes...they fight on afterwards. Hopkins a bit later hits Roy obviously on the back of the head, Roy retaliates and hits him back on the back of the head again Hopkins falls down and acts unconscious, fight delayed again for 5 minutes and ref is warning to DQ Jones. Hopkins also then slugs it out with Roy after the bell and the benches clear so to speak security rushes the ring and basically teh fight stops for a while cus they both brawl after the bell.

Fight continues, Hopkin later gets hit in the balls with a low blow, he falls again and stops the fight again for another good 5 minutes while he rolls around acting like he's dying.

In between all this entertaining **** they mostly hugged each other and maybe 1 or 2 clean punches landed in the entire fight but Hopkins clearly outclassed Jones only because he outworked him and Jones barely ever threw anything. This was no surprise as danny green predicted "Jones will be gun shy after I knocked him out"

so basically Hopkins didn't "dominate" Jones but he clearly outworked him.

Comment

It was like the first fight but worse and closer but only in BHops favour, Hopkins would be toast vs Prime Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
                    I missed the fight.
                    Lucky you...

Comment

Working...
                    X