Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny's lawsuit is a joke (quick summary of the lawsuit)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    You have to prove they knew the truth and lied on purpose, I don't see hwo they make that case. That is why it is rally ahrd to win this kind of thing.
    Thats not true... The point is that the defendants didnt know, they just based their accusations on speculation. All the plaintiffs have to prove is,,,was the defendants accusations baseless or fact based??? Was it reckless and intended for malicious purposes??? And finally, did their actions lead to any effect on the victim???

Its a slam dunk case for Pac's team...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Yea they are filed by a person against another person, they are not charges by the government, only money can change hands no one is going to jail~
      I see, so even assuming that there is "probable cause" that an offense has been committed, it won't be a case of the State against the offender and Floyd's liability, if at all, would be limited to damages assuming that Pac's lawyers are able to prove it? thanks for educating me on this one...i really appreciate it..

Comment

Can someone explain to me why people are happy about this lawsuit? Killing this fight has once again dropped a bomb on boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by overlordbox View Post
          Judge: and your proof for your accusations?
          Mayweathers: he keeps putting up weight and beating bigger guys
          Judge: I said give me proof not opinions!
          Mayweathers: He won't take the random blood test!
          Judge: Let me rephrase my question, "DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLID PROOF THAT PACQUIAO IS TAKING DRUGS/STEROID?"
          Mayweathers: Quack!
          Judge: Oh!
          dumb.

Mayweather won't have to prove anything in that regard...he's the DEFENDANT not the plantiff.

Pac is going to be suing for a huge amount in damages

Only thing Mayweather has to prove is that he wasn't ever trying to smear Pacquiao's name, outside of your typical pre fight buildup trash talk that is mandatory for a big Floyd fight

I just don't see this case having legs. Plus wtf is Manny doing. Cowards use the courts. Could you imagine Frazier pulling out of the Ali fight and suing Ali for calling him a "gorilla"? Pffft.. You are a warrior, take it to the ring.

Comment

it's funny, a month or so ago, floyd's rah rah boys keep saying: well if manny thinks the mayweathers are wrong and out of order why wont he take them to court. can only mean one thing, he is guilty

fast forward to 31st of December and the rah rah boys are now singing a different tune!

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee View Post
              it's funny, a month or so ago, floyd's rah rah boys keep saying: well if manny thinks the mayweathers are wrong and out of order why wont he take them to court. can only mean one thing, he is guilty

fast forward to 31st of December and the rah rah boys are now singing a different tune!
              You honestly think something is going to come from this pointless as lawsuit?

Comment

Looks like Pacman prefers to fight in the courtroom and not the ring. Why wont he just take ther tests and get on with the fight. mayweathers also taking the same tests so wheres the disadvantage for pac />

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee View Post
                  I never said this.

But this lawsuit is a travesty of fluff.

And if its not hype or posturing, as I suspect, its tainted with epic ******ation if anyone expects to get money out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdognyc View Post
                    Thats not true... The point is that the defendants didnt know, they just based their accusations on speculation. All the plaintiffs have to prove is,,,was the defendants accusations baseless or fact based??? Was it reckless and intended for malicious purposes??? And finally, did their actions lead to any effect on the victim???

Its a slam dunk case for Pac's team...
                    If it is an opinon there is not much they can really do, baseless or not.

Comment

PACQUIAO SUES MAYWEATHERS, ETC.; SALUD SAYS IT'S ABOUT TIME

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao has gone through with his announced intention to file a lawsuit against Floyd Mayweather Jr, his father Floyd Mayweather Sr, uncle Roger Mayweather, Golden Boy Promotions executives Oscar De La Hoya and CEO Richard Schaefer for making false and defamatory statements accusing Pacquiao of taking performance enhancing drugs.

Pacquiao has retained top class lawyer Daniel Petrocelli of the Los Angeles based law firm of O'Melveny & Myers LLP. He is the lawyer who won millions of dollars in a wrongful death case filed against O.J. Simpson in 1997.

The lawsuit was filed in federal district court in Las Vegas, Nevada, and seeks compensatory and punitive damages for defendants' wrongful conduct in excess of $75,000 plus punitive damages. Petrocelli said the figure is “simply the minimum that one has to allege in order to sue in federal court. The damage in this case for Pacquiao’s reputation are in the tens of millions of dollars, not including punitive damages.”

The suit claims that the Mayweathers, De La Hoya and Schaefer knows that Pacquiao had never taken performance-enhancing drugs, “knew their statements were false but made them anyway out of ill-will, spite, malice, revenge and envy.”

The eminent Philippine lawyer-sportsman Rudy Salud, founding secretary general of the World Boxing Council said it was high time Pacquiao filed a lawsuit. He said “I always wanted that because his image was suffering” even as Salud pointed out that “planting a seed of doubt in the minds of boxing fans in general about the merits of the victories of Pacquiao will go down in history and they will keep repeating that. This is bad.”

In filing the complaint Petrocelli said that "Manny Pacquiao's achievements come from God-given talent and an indefatigable work ethic -- not steroids. He cannot and will not allow others to deliberately misrepresent his years of hard work and tarnish his reputation."

The lawsuit was filed in federal district court in Las Vegas, Nevada, and seeks compensatory and punitive damages for defendants' wrongful conduct

Well known boxing writer David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press quoted Petrocelli as saying that the lawsuit could be worth “in the tens of millions of dollars.” According to Mayo, Petrocelli said the allegations that Pacquiao used performance enhancing drugs were “inexcusable” and “unconscionable.”

Petrocelli told Mayo that Pacquiao has an unblemished reputation and is “one of the hardest-working, hardest-training athletes” with a world class reputation adding that “for these guys to publicly brand him a cheater is unconscionable. They have no evidence that he has ever taken steroids or any performance-enhancing drugs.” The lawyer said they were “out of bounds in their public comments and now they’ll have to be held accountable.”

Petrocelli maintained in his statements to the Grand Rapids Press “you don’t publicly state that a world class athlete – any athlete- is illegally taking drugs unless you know for a fact that they are doing so. Otherwise you’re breaking the law and you’re playing with a person’s rbeputation that has taken years of hard work to earn.”

He said the Mayweathers, De La Hoya and Schaefer have done “untold damage in the tnens of millions of dollars and we’re going to see that this doesn’t happen again and we’re going to recover for all the damage they have inflicted.”

Petrocelli disclosed that Pacquiao “did not relish” the thought of filing a lawsuit but said he had no choice given the statements that were made not once, not twice, but numerous times.”

-------------

and still the *****s think, this is a joke!

Comment

Working...
                      X