No announcement yet.

elastic bands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayweather
    yeah and as well mayweather trained for gatti using weights so im assuming after that he still continues use with them. Mayweathers nowhere near slow

he probably did weights for power. then had to gain all of it back in other speed exercises. this i do. but i gain muscle so quickly i think i have a problem, i have really fast muscle growth. but once i get bigger i gotta do other things to get me back where i was again

Comment

Well, I think that's the best way to do it. It's good to lift weights, but you gotta make sure you do speed exercises afterwards so you don't get slow. It's the combination of both that makes you fast, while adding some strength.

Comment

yeah, nuetralize all the mass you gained with endurance and speed exercises. but to thread starter, elastic bands would be a good investment

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
          he probably did weights for power. then had to gain all of it back in other speed exercises. this i do. but i gain muscle so quickly i think i have a problem, i have really fast muscle growth. but once i get bigger i gotta do other things to get me back where i was again
          Do you even know wtf POWER is???

acceleration x mass = power

acceleration IS speed, no speed NO power.

That said, you do look like the kinda guy who grows fast. That is because you have a high concentration of fast twitch fibres, which again, is why you have power.
          So to you, the problem in using weights, is keeping your weight down. Most other people don't have that problem, ESPECIALLY using light handweights for shadowboxing. In fact, to your muscles there's no real difference between elastic bands and hand weights. Resistance is resistance, as far as your muscles are concerned. The question is HOW MUCH resistance? And if you can shadowbox with it, the resistance is too small for hypertrophy.

Oh, and just to clear up: Using handweights for shadowboxing IS a speed exercise!
          Last edited by PunchDrunk; 05-06-2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

hey mayweather, by the way, half the **** u said was false man. i can tell ur new to muscle physiology. type 1 muscle fibres are endurance fibres which have slow contraction times and low force output but can last a long time which u get while doing light weights many many times. doing an exercise only a few times gives u type 2 fibres which gives u max force and low endurance

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
              actually there not. well the 1s i use. and weights build muscle when using which in turn will make your punch's slower
              Not the way that I use them they dont. I will tell you that my punches became much faster and sharper using the hand weights. If you are using heavy weight, yes it will make you slower. Using small weights builds speed and endurance, when you know how to use them.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
                Do you even know wtf POWER is???

acceleration x mass = power

acceleration IS speed, no speed NO power.

That said, you do look like the kinda guy who grows fast. That is because you have a high concentration of fast twitch fibres, which again, is why you have power.
                So to you, the problem in using weights, is keeping your weight down. Most other people don't have that problem, ESPECIALLY using light handweights for shadowboxing. In fact, to your muscles there's no real difference between elastic bands and hand weights. Resistance is resistance, as far as your muscles are concerned. The question is HOW MUCH resistance? And if you can shadowbox with it, the resistance is too small for hypertrophy.

Oh, and just to clear up: Using handweights for shadowboxing IS a speed exercise!
                naw i think hand weights still put on muscle. and u said no speed no power. ell big george foreman that 1 but trust me resistant bands and weights r different. with bands u can extend your hand and it feels like its jus gravity messin with u. but with weights if feels like u got rock's in your hands

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
                  Not the way that I use them they dont. I will tell you that my punches became much faster and sharper using the hand weights. If you are using heavy weight, yes it will make you slower. Using small weights builds speed and endurance, when you know how to use them.

Rockin'

not for me. i can guarentee that my muscles probably grow alot faster then the average person, so ne weight exercise i do i gain muscle

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
                    hey mayweather, by the way, half the **** u said was false man. i can tell ur new to muscle physiology. type 1 muscle fibres are endurance fibres which have slow contraction times and low force output but can last a long time which u get while doing light weights many many times. doing an exercise only a few times gives u type 2 fibres which gives u max force and low endurance
                    thanks for the correction. still readin up on it

Comment

what are some routines that you guys do with the bands

Comment

Working...
                      X