Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After that fine Pac performance. Bring in Floyd Pac 2! To settle the real score!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac's performance was underwhelming. Set aside the scores for a moment.

Punch stats show that Manny was just as tentative against Bradley after the first round as he was against TBE.

TBE is at least 3x faster than Bradley.

If Manny got his shot this time he was probably numb to the pain Bradley was dishing. I'm curious how the fight would have gone without that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Punch stats show that Manny was just as tentative against Bradley after the first round as he was against TBE.

If Manny got his shot this time he was probably numb to the pain Bradley was dishing. I'm curious how the fight would have gone without that shot.
      Naah, more like 3x the faster runner and 3x the hugger lmao

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Tim Bradley...top welterweight!?!? The guy got a gift draw against Diego Chaves not so long ago. I like Bradley and he's skilled but i think any top fighter beats him, he's just a level below.

Pac could beat Bradley another 10 times but it doesn't mean he can ever beat Mayweather. Different levels.
        gift draw against chaves? everyone had him winning that fight.

why can't he beat floyd? a lot of people had him beating floyd the first time. why can't he do it again? floyd's slow tentative style played right into pac's new slow tentative style. conventional wisdom thought that a slow pace would favor flyod but in reality it didn't. pacs punches were a lot cleaner and landed flush while floyd's didn't. pac didn't have to take risks so his defense was very tight while floyd's defense was leaky since he couldn't handle pac's speed. he was lucky he clinched/bent over so much to stop the combos but the single shots got him throughout the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

thats the way manny fights now if you haven't noticed. did it against algeiri as well. that doesn't mean he automatically loses since he doesn't fight the way you want him to. what should matter is who lands the cleaner punches no matter if its a slow pace or fast pace. if its a slow pace and pac lands the better punches he deserves to win, if he doesn't then he doesn't deserve to win. pretty simple concept you would think but yet i hear lots of people saying pac sucks now that he doesn't do what he used to. ok thats true but does he still do better tahn his opponent? so far since losing to marquez in all of his fights thats a clear yes.

Comment

I was very disappointed with Manny last night. I would like to see his old aggressiveness but I guess that's gone. He still better than ask the other WW out there by a mile but I'm pretty sure Floyd will still school him. It's either his stamina is gone and he knows he can't just keep throwing punches or what it is but I'm ok with this version of Manny retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              I was very disappointed with Manny last night. I would like to see his old aggressiveness but I guess that's gone. He still better than ask the other WW out there by a mile but I'm pretty sure Floyd will still school him. It's either his stamina is gone and he knows he can't just keep throwing punches or what it is but I'm ok with this version of Manny retiring.
              Naah.. Nothing was proven that night except IVS and broken right shoulders.

Still a one armed man prove to be too much for Floyd. What about a 2 healthy armed? Yup, Floyd won't want that.

He'll be happier hiding in a bunker than have a part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                gift draw against chaves? everyone had him winning that fight.

why can't he beat floyd? a lot of people had him beating floyd the first time. why can't he do it again?
                Even his own trainer said he lost. The only people who said he won are Pac himself and his fanboys who are depressed about Floyd winning that fight.

Comment

Manny looked good, but it's apples to oranges.

Floyd vs Pac was pretty one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Even his own trainer said he lost. The only people who said he won are Pac himself and his fanboys who are depressed about Floyd winning that fight.
                    thats ok. freddy can have his own opinion. hes not immune from falling into the same traps a lot of fans fall into about how pac had to press the fight to win. that doesn't change the fact that pac landed the much cleaner punches in 7 rounds and the way i score fights that should have given pac the win.

Comment

Originally posted by pvj View Post
                      Manny looked good, but it's apples to oranges.

Floyd vs Pac was pretty one sided.
                      it was? who landed the cleaner punches? imagine if floyd had actually landed the cleaner punches in that fight and lost. an outrage right? yet when manny lands the cleaner punches he lost one sided? i dont understand your scoring criteria if its not clean punches what is it? isn't that the whole point of boxing? can you really win without it? well yes but the question is should you?

Comment

Working...
                      X