Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Diego Chaves underrated? What do you think of the young Argentine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Diego Chaves underrated? What do you think of the young Argentine?

I don't think he's the best in the world but I do think he has good boxing skills and good damaging power. I find it interesting that most of the top fighters from Argentina are strong punchers. Thoughts on Chaves?

This uppercut looks like a Mayweather uppercut.

Look at this hard right by Chaves (serious shot)

Check this cool move.

Last edited by punchr; 02-13-2016, 09:46 PM.

The guy can fight. He may get dirty at times but he is always in an interesting fight

Comment

He's aight...

Comment

He's a very solid, lower top 10 guy.

His skill is underrated more than anything, he can box, fight in the pocket and counter.

Comment

No, he's pretty much garbage.

Comment

all this guys need to leave the country imo. follow the steps of maidana and martinez. they need better managing, better training camps

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              all this guys need to leave the country imo. follow the steps of maidana and martinez. they need better managing, better training camps
              No, Chaves is just a bad fighter period. He's no Maidana or Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                No, Chaves is just a bad fighter period. He's no Maidana or Martinez.
                that's your opinion. i don't think he is bad at all. he isn't great neither. just ok, could do a lot better i think if he was managed by contursi for example

Comment

I think he's a very solid fighter who would have given Brook a very tough dogfight however he has a tiny reach but makes up for it with good handspeed, punching power and counter punching ability as well as some slick defence at times.

Comment

he aint that good. He teh same level as soto karass but he does appears to having boxing skills but what good is it if he aint pulling out the W's. People like karass a bum but in the same breath give chaves props but then the same people karass beat will be the same people chaves can beat and the same people karass loses too be the same people diego will lose too. Difference between them is karass earned his status, diego hasnt.

What I liked about his when I noticed his against Thurman (I was rooting for chaves even though this was the first time i seen him F hoetime) is he rolls and comes back with a sneaky punch very naturally but then .... thats all there is to him and once you figure that out you beat him hence why thurman was losing to him till he figured that out.

Comment

Working...
                    X