Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about John Oliver's new show on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about John Oliver's new show on HBO?

It's basically the Daily Show, but with no correspondents and with cursing.

I liked it, maybe slow things down a bit since there's no commercials and he's just kind of plowing through everything. It's a first run, so we'll see how things go.

Watched it last night and laughed my ass off.

"Arguably Better Than Hunger"

Comment

I thought it would be like Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe. It's just an uncensored version of The Daily Show. It's still funny as hell though.

Comment

Thought it was great. I'll be watching.

Another HBO show to watch is Silicon Valley. Hilarious!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

Been saving that to binge later. Look alright, can't wait to watch it.
          I saved off on True Detective and binged that. I liked it, but wasn't like out of my seat like other people were saying

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

Silicon Valley is hilarious too. It's sad the guy who played Peter Gregory died after they shot episode five.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Been saving that to binge later. Look alright, can't wait to watch it.
              I saved off on True Detective and binged that. I liked it, but wasn't like out of my seat like other people were saying
              True Detective could have benefited from another couple episodes. That's my only major complaint about it. Once the Rust and Marty team up again, it ends crazy quick. We miss all the work that had to be put in.

Kind of selfish to say I guess. "This show could have been better if it had 2 more episodes I could enjoy."

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                True Detective could have benefited from another couple episodes. That's my only major complaint about it. Once the Rust and Marty team up again, it ends crazy quick. We miss all the work that had to be put in.

Kind of selfish to say I guess. "This show could have been better if it had 2 more episodes I could enjoy."
                Well it does leave you wondering.

I mean, who is the Yella King and are they going to do anything against the Tuttle fam and the rest of the people in the vid

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Well it does leave you wondering.

I mean, who is the Yella King and are they going to do anything against the Tuttle fam and the rest of the people in the vid
                  They couldn't. There wasn't any evidence connecting their killer to the Tuttles, so they couldn't get the rest of the cult.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    They couldn't. There wasn't any evidence connecting their killer to the Tuttles, so they couldn't get the rest of the cult.
                    Buck stops with spaghetti?

Still, I was meh how it was left open ended seeing as they know those guys are still out there

Comment

Working...
                    X