No announcement yet.

NFL: ESPN Analyst Claims at least 50% of NFL Players Smoke Weed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: ESPN Analyst Claims at least 50% of NFL Players Smoke Weed

A*trio of marijuana-related arrests*for the*Detroit Lions*this offseason is indicative of a more widespread problem plaguing the league, according to one former NFL offensive lineman.Lomas Brown, now an ESPN analyst, claims at least 50 percent of NFL players likely smoke marijuana, according to a report*in the Detroit News:“I just don’t think you’ll be able to curb this,” Brown told the newspaper.In Brown’s eyes, this is actually an improvement. Brown claims up to 90 percent of players league-wide smoked marijuana when he began his career with the Lions in 1985.It falls in line with some recent findings:
    •*Four out of 10 draft-eligible prospects from the 2012 class failed at least one school-administered drug test for marijuana; two in 10 failed multiple times, per a CBS Sports report from April.

•*”About 70 percent” of prospects at the combine admitted to using marijuana, per an ESPN report.

•*A 2009 report by the NCAA stated 26.7 percent of all football players admitted using marijuana over the past 12 months, the highest number of any athlete group they surveyed.

I suppose we should be stunned. Here in Culver City, Calif., we’re a brief jog away from Venice Beach, where medical marijuana shacks dot the Pacific Ocean. As you walk by, vibrant youth hoist signs asking you to come in and “see the doctor.” A surreal scene, but a testament to how easy it is to get your hands on the drug.

Marijuana has infused our culture and dotted college campuses for decades. Brown’s estimates are eye-catching and perhaps disappointing, depending on your perspective. It’s not something the league wants to put up, but it’s an issue and debate that goes far beyond the playing field.

I bet you it's more and even more in the NBA. Who gives a ****....

Comment

i'd hope so.... they take beatings out in the field ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I give a ****.

If half the NBA and NFL stood up for legalization, you'd have people turning heads. People who admire these athletes, but otherwise not have cared about drug legalization and its benefits.

This is getting ridiculous when even the President admits he's smoked weed yet not a day goes by in this country that someone else gets locked up for doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
          I give a ****.

If half the NBA and NFL stood up for legalization, you'd have people turning heads. People who admire these athletes, but otherwise not have cared about drug legalization and its benefits.

This is getting ridiculous when even the President admits he's smoked weed yet not a day goes by in this country that someone else gets locked up for doing the same thing.
          Your point was useless. Athletes in pro sports are the LAST people who are going to take a stance like this because they work for private corporations. The NFL can tell them they can't eat doritos if they wanted to and they would have to comply.

The issue of legalization of marijuana rests with the politicians and the pressure from everyday people like you and me. Not from pro athletes or anyone who represents a brand.

Comment

this right here.

Comment

I woulda guessed 80-90%....

Comment

Your point was useless. Athletes in pro sports are the LAST people who are going to take a stance like this because they work for private corporations. The NFL can tell them they can't eat doritos if they wanted to and they would have to comply.

The issue of legalization of marijuana rests with the politicians and the pressure from everyday people like you and me. Not from pro athletes or anyone who represents a brand.
                Yes check mate

Comment

More power to them....................

It should be legal any damn way.

Comment

I bet Teabow is sparking up some killer bud in his secret lair. NBA has to be way more, Rasheed Wallace was leading a lockeroom for f's sake. Haha, free the herb!

Comment

Working...
                    X