Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor Favors Pacquiao Over Floyd: I don’t think he’s equipped to handle Pac Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PED User View Post
    Leonard offered Pryor a fight. Pryor rejected it because he wanted more money.

Legendary Nights Myths "peeleft:
    I'll also add that Pryor would have never beaten Leonard.
    Last edited by Calilloyd; 05-28-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      Aaron Pryor Favors Pacquiao Over Floyd: “I don’t think he’s equipped to handle Pac Man”
      Published by Scoop Malinowski on May 27th, 2010

One of the most spectacular fighters in boxing history Aaron Pryor rolled into my neck of the woods this week on business (to promote his son Aaron Pryor Jr.’s next fight in Philadelphia on June 13) and of course I just had to ask him about the fight the boxing world is buzzing about – Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather.

Pryor thought about it for a moment, then offered, “I like Pac Man. Because he throws a lot of punches and he’s giving it his all. I love Mayweather – he proves himself over and over and over again. I just want him to prove himself one more time, for me. For me to be on his side he gotta beat the best. And Pac Man is one of the best. Then I’ll say Yay.”

It’s clear Pryor is like the rest of us – he avidly wants to see Mayweather put his abundant skills to the ultimate test, once and for all against the VERY BEST – and not against any more faded names who have passed the age of 35.

“I like Pac Man. I like Pac Man in the fight,” says the 55-year-old Hall of Famer who retired with a record of 39-1 (35 KO’s). “I think Pac Man throws a lot of punches and I don’t think that Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather…I don’t think Mayweather is gonna be equipped to handle it. That’s just how I feel. But he’s proved himself so many times. But that’s what the fight game is about – every time you fight – prove yourself. I had 11 world title fights. Each time I fought one of those title fights it was about proving myself.”

Mayweather has achieved so much in boxing, so much glory and wealth from the sport. But like Aaron Pryor says, There is still something left that Floyd has to prove.

Pryor is currently in North Jersey with his son Aaron Pryor Jr., in training camp preparing for the June 13 super middleweight bout against Maryland’s Wilson Lockett (12-9-5, 5 KO’s). The show is promoted by Joey Eye Promotions and will be staged at the Hyatt Regency along the Philadelphia Waterfront. Also on the bill will be Ossie Duran, Patrick Farrell, Julio Cesar Matthews, Garrett Wilson, Jason Escalera, Andreas Gustafsson, Jose Ortiz and Elizabeth Sherman.

You can keep up to date with Pryor at his official web site www.hawktime.com
      aaron pryor was the man but was he not on some sort of drugs too or have some drugs problem??guess if he pryor rooted for floyd you would have brought that up.
      anyway the fight if it happens will be close for the 1st 4 rounds then floyd will take over.i dont think he will be as aggressive as the mosley fight but regardless,he will win.he always finds a way unlike my man pac.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        Aaron Pryor Favors Pacquiao Over Floyd: “I don’t think he’s equipped to handle Pac Man”
        Published by Scoop Malinowski on May 27th, 2010

One of the most spectacular fighters in boxing history Aaron Pryor rolled into my neck of the woods this week on business (to promote his son Aaron Pryor Jr.’s next fight in Philadelphia on June 13) and of course I just had to ask him about the fight the boxing world is buzzing about – Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather.

Pryor thought about it for a moment, then offered, “I like Pac Man. Because he throws a lot of punches and he’s giving it his all. I love Mayweather – he proves himself over and over and over again. I just want him to prove himself one more time, for me. For me to be on his side he gotta beat the best. And Pac Man is one of the best. Then I’ll say Yay.”

It’s clear Pryor is like the rest of us – he avidly wants to see Mayweather put his abundant skills to the ultimate test, once and for all against the VERY BEST – and not against any more faded names who have passed the age of 35.

“I like Pac Man. I like Pac Man in the fight,” says the 55-year-old Hall of Famer who retired with a record of 39-1 (35 KO’s). “I think Pac Man throws a lot of punches and I don’t think that Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather…I don’t think Mayweather is gonna be equipped to handle it. That’s just how I feel. But he’s proved himself so many times. But that’s what the fight game is about – every time you fight – prove yourself. I had 11 world title fights. Each time I fought one of those title fights it was about proving myself.”

Mayweather has achieved so much in boxing, so much glory and wealth from the sport. But like Aaron Pryor says, There is still something left that Floyd has to prove.

Pryor is currently in North Jersey with his son Aaron Pryor Jr., in training camp preparing for the June 13 super middleweight bout against Maryland’s Wilson Lockett (12-9-5, 5 KO’s). The show is promoted by Joey Eye Promotions and will be staged at the Hyatt Regency along the Philadelphia Waterfront. Also on the bill will be Ossie Duran, Patrick Farrell, Julio Cesar Matthews, Garrett Wilson, Jason Escalera, Andreas Gustafsson, Jose Ortiz and Elizabeth Sherman.

You can keep up to date with Pryor at his official web site www.hawktime.com
        Yes PBF has to PROVE it for sure this time. Because this time, many dont think he can prevail against Pac. Sure he might start favourite, but more people probably think Pac has everything in the tool kit to beat PBF.
        So PBF hasnt proved much even up to now.

Comment

Floyd already has a better resume than Pryor, Pryor has a big win over Arguello that out does anything on Floyds resume but wins over corrales, Castillo, Zab, Hatton, Oscar, Shane give Floyds resume much more depth.

Comment

this is the same way i feel. Floyds defence will get overwhelmed. Floyds overly cautious style will be his downfall.

Comment

This time PBF would be fighting someone who is PROVEN. PBF needs to PROVE he can beat a PROVEN fighter in his PRIME and in a good weight class for Pac. 147 might not be the best weight for Pac, but he can fight at that weight for sure.

Comment

what time is it!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post

HAHAHAHA Excellent

Comment

Working...
                    X