No announcement yet.

exercises for the legs???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercises for the legs???

anyone have any good workouts for the legs? i'm tryin to get some more endurance in them so i can last a lot longer and move easier in the ring...

Uhmm from what I know lots of squats, jump rope, running

Comment

as many burpees as you can possibly do is a pretty good workout for lower body muscular endurance IMO

Comment

Frog Hops - the best leg exercise in the world

Comment

Leg extensions worked best for me when I damaged my knee.

Comment

Lunges
            squats
            hillsprints
            burpees
            leg press
            Last edited by alza1988; 07-03-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

found this link, but looks kinda out dated...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rIJbT20hyaQ

Comment

Leg exercises

Lots of jump rope and jumping activities. Also, a lot of ducking and weaving under the rope will get your legs built up too.

If you looking for a really intense leg exercise, get yourself into a lunge but have your ankle a little ahead of your knee. Lean forward so your knee if over your ankle and come up on your toes of your back foot. Do this a few times it kills.

Another good exercises is tip top lunges. Do lunges but stay on your toes. Never let the heel of your foot touch the ground. Do that for two minutes. It kills.

Comment

in martial arts, we divide leg work into two basic caregories - moving and stillness. we have to train endurance in both. u learn to stand or move efficiently really quickly.

what happens is, u end up learning and discovering postural secrets that, in time, completely change the way u move or stand.

there is saying - learn to stand before u learn to walk.

very cool stuff.

i know that in shaolin style arts, they train horse stance very much. that is basically a non moving squat. your thighs should be parallel to ground. your back should be lifted, shoulders relax, head facing forward. try and see if u can do that for 5 minutes. u will find out that training this is different training than squats. so, even if u can do many squats with 200 pounds or more weight, u may not be able to stand still for 5 minutes. to make it harder, place hands out in front of u and hold them there too.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                    your thighs should be parallel to ground. your back should be lifted, shoulders relax, head facing forward. try and see if u can do that for 5 minutes.

If I do that for 5 minutes, I won't be able to poop for 5 days...

Comment

Working...
                    X