Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: We've Made A HUGE Offer To Deontay Wilder For A Fight With Dillan Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder don't want that work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Because that Polish cat didn't do that bad. Washington was even on the cards at the missed windmill punch stoppage. And don't get it twisted, I'm not hyping Whyte, I believe I called him the 2nd most overhyped guy at HW in this very thread, so much as saying hey this Wilder guy isn't THAT good & can & will lose to some pedestrian opposition, like Whyte, like that Polish guy, like Washington, in his career, when things don't line up right on the night.

So while going along with you & picking Wilder vs Whyte & most of these type of guys I don't feel Whyte has 0% or even near 0% chance to win. Wilder's not gonna continue beating these guys forever cuz he's far to exploitative a boxer that low level guys can & have taken advantage of just not for the full 36 minutes or til they stop him....yet.

If Whyte is anything in the range of a +400 (maybe +300) dog here I'll definitely be throwing some money on him cuz he's for sure got a better than 20% chance of winning.

LOL respect for having so much confidence in Wilder. I just don't see how you can have so much confidence in such a poorly skilled beatable boxer. He's fun to watch, but that rarely means confidence in victory with the entertainment value they provide.

I won't be surprised at all if he doesn't get the big fights next if some random guy like Whyte, Breazeale or any top 30ish type guy beats him & hell if he gets the big fights & he wins the big fights (Joshua is by no means unbeatable either & Parker definitely isn't) I'd still bet he'll lose to some random guy. He's too unskilled & reliant on his power saving the day.

Neither of those dudes really did anything. Szpilka made Wilder miss a bit and fought in a cagey way while not really opening up at all so Wilder essentially landed all the best punches, how good Szpilka did is vastly overstated. Washington nothing happened in the first three rounds so he really did nothing either maybe he won the rounds by shading them but he really didn't do anything to take advantage.Both those guys are sounder boxers than Whyte and would give him a hell of a time.

Wilder as seen runs guys on that level none of them really got close to winning. So I don't see how Whyte is really going to win.

Heavyweight boxing is not a game of skill really, so flawed guys with the right attribute to cover their flaws can do well. Wilder is a much more difficult guy to deal with than most believe because he has the right things going for him to succeed. Eventually he will get knocked out and will lose fights because he is nowhere near perfect but a guy does not have to be flawlessly skilled to be highly successful especially at heavy.

So in short the right guy can beat Wilder, but Whyte ain't that guy, I would take -500 on Wilder all day. He should be well over -1000 in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Every boxer that is natural hw and can punch is a high risk for Wilder.
        I don't think Whyte punches that hard for a heavy, nor is he quick nor is he a good counter puncher. So no he has no shot against Wilder. Zilch, zero, null.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment that Whyte is on a similar level to Duhaupas. A big difference though which people posting here are not factoring in is that Whyte is still at the stage where he's turning up to win. Duhaupas will & has turned up for the cash to lose, see his fight on 1 day's notice vs Povetkin in Russia if further evidence of this is needed.

My perspective is that whilst Whyte is not massively skilled or a dynamite puncher, he's just durable & skilled enough that given all of Wilder's flaws & vulnerabilities which have already been shown & are no secret, he could get the win provided he's given a fair shake on the cards should it go the distance.

Of course Wilder could also KO him in a few rounds. The fun of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            So in short the right guy can beat Wilder, but Whyte ain't that guy, I would take -500 on Wilder all day. He should be well over -1000 in that fight
            I don't think Whyte is that guy either like I said, but at +650 (about what the odds would be if Wilder is -1000) I'd bet Whyte all day every day at those odds cuz any top 30 guy isn't at 10% odds of beating Wilder. Wilder is just too flawed of a fighter.

I think Fury is about the only HW I'd give those sorta odds against top 30ish opponents & only if he was of sound mind & body which he doesn't appear to be these days.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
              Wilder don't want that work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I don't think Whyte is that guy either like I said, but at +650 (about what the odds would be if Wilder is -1000) I'd bet Whyte all day every day at those odds cuz any top 30 guy isn't at 10% odds of beating Wilder. Wilder is just too flawed of a fighter.

I think Fury is about the only HW I'd give those sorta odds against top 30ish opponents & only if he was of sound mind & body which he doesn't appear to be these days.
                On GP most guys have a 5% chance no matter what Wilder could break his ankle or blow a knee. So in boxing I never like to go over -950, that is the chance I give Whyte if Wilder is getting -850 or something like that I wouldn't bother with the risk I can find that risk anytime I want. It gets down to -600 or -650 I am betting on substantially. On the flip side I don't really give Whyte 5% I think he has less chance than that so pretty much any amount on him is to me a sucker bet because he won't win, he isn't up to the task unless a fluke occurs. I don't risk money on the chance of a fluke.

Comment

Wilder is chit.

If this is the HW champ, then boxing is fooked

Comment

i've always liked this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I don't think Whyte punches that hard for a heavy, nor is he quick nor is he a good counter puncher. So no he has no shot against Wilder. Zilch, zero, null.
                      Whyte can punch. He also has the best body attack of any active heavyweight today. Wilder hasn't seen anything like that in his career.

Whyte will take his soul with those shots if Wilder doesn't get him out of there.

Good competitive fight I think-

Comment

Working...
                      X