Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uchiyama likley to only fight once this year, New Years show

http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-ne...iyama#comments

Sucks

Just a few moments ago we were informed by one of our Japanese sources that 2014 will not be the year we were all hoping for for the unbeaten and highly popular Takashi Uchiyama (21-0-1, 17).

Uchiyama, the WBA Super Featherweight champion, hasn't fought since New Year's Eve when he over-came Daiki Kaneko in one of the toughest fights of his career. Sadly that's not set to change in a hurry and the man popularly known as "KO Dynamite" will only be fighting once this year.

Apparently Uchiyama did try and set up a bout with WBA interim champion Bryan Vazquez for the summer though sadly that was shot down by Vazquez's camp. As a result of Vazquez declining the fight, Uchiyama has been busy outside of the ring and has recently been working with his sponsor, and global CLOTHING MANUFACTURER, Nike.

Apparently at a Nike event in Tokyo Uchiyama indicated that his next bout will likely be on DECEMBER 31st, for the 4th year running.

No opponent or venue has been named for the December 31st bout though it's likely to rule out a much talked about unification with Takashi Miura (27-2-2, 20) who we expect to see in the ring in NOVEMBER.

It's disappointing that Uchiyama has been inactive all year though it's great to know that we can expect to see him before 2015, even if it is just the once. It's even better than the bout, on New Year's Eve, will be televised by Tokyo TV giving fans around the world to see Uchiyama in action.
    Vasquez turned down the rematch and Miura already has a fight coming in November...hopefully we have a unification next year because I'm not interested in a Thompson rematch

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-ne...iyama#comments

Sucks

Vasquez turned down the rematch and Miura already has a fight coming in November...hopefully we have a unification next year because I'm not interested in a Thompson rematch
    That is really only when he seems to fight. I want to see him fight and KO Mikey already.

Comment

Uchiyama vs. Gamboa December 31st, make it happen 50 Cent!

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        Gamby was teasing it.. and he's off a year layoff where he went 12 hard rounds.... probably best time to take him off. I don't see him doing it though...because money

Comment

Nakamura had called him out and the expectation was that IF Nakamura beat Ito that fight would be made. Nakamura of course lost to Ito though.

Wonder if Kaneko will be able to get a rematch, Daiki REALLY impressed me every time he gets in the ring.

Comment

It's gonna be Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
              I think Gamboa should take a lesser opponent first, and then Uchiyama next

Comment

Damn if it's Gamboa, he's taking up all of Mikey Garcia's fights lol

Comment

Working...
                X