Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing gives you so much confidence in a street fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing gives you so much confidence in a street fight!

Boxing may not give you a huge advantage over the average hard-nut on the street, but the confidence it gives you shouldn't be understated.

I started boxing in 2007 and have had quite a few amateur fights (mainly inter-gym fights) so I'm quite schooled in the basics despite not being able to commit more than a couple of hours a week to the sport.

Anyway, I'm not the type of guy to get involved in fights, especially not against local idiots who are just looking for a drunken scrap after a night out. However, me and my mate were walking to his flat after a fun friday night filled with heavy drinking, when three arseho*es decided they would harass us for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One lad got up in my face and asked me where I came from, so I told him, and he said something along the lines of 'you need to get out of my area' in a gangster/chav tone of voice, which I found hilarious since we were in the middle of a small town centre in England.

I thought they were going to leave us alone and walk on when one of the lads dropped my mate and I thought here we go. Two of the lads then set up me, but I wasn't fazed at all. I remember being involved in fights when I was younger and I used to shake I was that nervous. Though I was surprisingly calm despite two big lads throwing hilariously mistimed punches in my general direction. I even began throwing a few jabs and feinting a bit as well. One of the guys then got a bit close and I got clipped around the eye, which is when I thought this is getting serious, and and decided to hit him with a right hook that landed square on his unprotected chin (drunken chavs always seem to fight with their hands at their sides haha) and he fell to the floor and started grunting like a pig unconscious. The other guys then backed off down a side alley.

I spent the rest of the night in a hospital waiting room where my friend received treatment for a badly cut eye. We're lucky that the boxing training I have received solved the situation before it was solved for us. Six years ago I might have ran off or fought stupid and got my head stamped in. Now I just kept calm and turned a bad situation into a better one. Confidence and keeping a level head being key.

Boxing rules >>>>>

Agreed.

I've never actually been in a street fight before but if I think one is arising I stay calm and dissolve the situation with more confidence than I would if I didn't have boxing. You just know that you have a rough idea what you're doing so if something does go wrong, you've got more than a decent chance.

Comment

Why did you rely on feints, bro?

Feints and sound-effects are two of the most coward tactics in boxing.

Roy was the master at that pussy ass tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by O MINE ENEMY View Post
        Why did you rely on feints, bro?

Roy was the master at that pussy ass tactic.
        If Reed's about you dun goofed. Unless this was a blatant Reed bait. Either way you dun goofed bro.

Comment

Reecockyaluss don't scare nobody.
          Dat fuck nigga can't see me.

Comment

So does alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              So does alcohol

it gives you super strength.

Comment

cool story. dont know why you said boxing dont give you a huge advantage in a street fight. though maybe it didnt back in the 30's when the average man knew how to fight not to mention had a pair. but today it gives you a huge advantage, most ppl dont know how to fight at all, nor do they have the courage to do so unless they feel they have some kind of big advantage. still they tell themselves they are tough and act hard, all the time you spent on this site you should know all about it.

my point is knowing how to throw a punch and how to avoid one is quite an advantage when the average street fighter throws wide punches you can see coming from the moon with his chin hanging out to dry.

Comment

damn, ya'll went to the hospital for a cut eye?

how much does that cost in engerland? over here you gotta clean it up and slap a butterfly on there

Comment

Originally posted by O MINE ENEMY View Post
                    wow... 3 deep breathes... it's only the internet, it's only......

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    cool story. dont know why you said boxing dont give you a huge advantage in a street fight. though maybe it didnt back in the 30's when the average man knew how to fight not to mention had a pair. but today it gives you a huge advantage, most ppl dont know how to fight at all, nor do they have the courage to do so unless they feel they have some kind of big advantage. still they tell themselves they are tough and act hard, all the time you spent on this site you should know all about it.

my point is knowing how to throw a punch and how to avoid one is quite an advantage when the average street fighter throws wide punches you can see coming from the moon with his chin hanging out to dry.
                    if you truely know how to use the art it's a huge advantage.

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    damn, ya'll went to the hospital for a cut eye?

how much does that cost in engerland? over here you gotta clean it up and slap a butterfly on there
                    yeah, they'll stitch you up on site......Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X