No announcement yet.

Floyd versus Martinez for the lineal middle weight title make it happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Shiiiit, Larry has both Roy and B-Hop in the top 20-25 ATG I believe. So of course he will have Floyd in the top 10-15 ATG if he's able to accomplish this feat.

Man, oh man.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      well post something to prove me wrong man
      Hopkins isn't a Top 20 ATG nor is he close.

No need to even prove it, it's common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Hopkins isn't a Top 20 ATG nor is he close.

No need to even prove it, it's common sense.
        well prove me wrong.............

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
          well prove me wrong.............
          Sigh.....

Robinson
          Greb
          Langford
          Charles
          B.Leonard
          Duran
          Walker
          Moore
          Armstrong
          Walker
          Gans
          Fitzsimmons
          Pep
          Ali
          Louis
          Mclarnin
          Walcott
          Tunney
          Whitaker
          H.Williams

Theres 20 fighters off the very top of my head who are significantly greater than Bernard Hopkins and the list could go on for quite a while.

I mean, Canzoneri, Ross, Wilde, Jofre, Arguello, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Ray Leonard etc etc etc aren't even on that list.

Comment

Martinez is the LAST person Mayweather wants to face.
            I think he'd rather face Pacquiao before Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Mayweather is a great fighter. I consider him to be atleast a Top 50 ATG at this point.

If he were to beat Martinez it would enhance his legacy of course but not anywhere near the Top 15.

The history of Boxing is way way too vast.
              It is extremely vast that's why I tried to use more recent fighters as examples. I really don't even like to compare the fighters of the early 1900's to today as they are often overrated because they fought hundreds of times. People overlook the fact that more than half of the time they were in with complete no hopers. Almost like a ranked sparring session.

Could Manny and Floyd fight four times a month against bums to bring up their record? Yes they could.

Comment

It's been a LONG time since a reigning Welterweight champion challenged a reinging Middleweight Champion...

Nunn vs Starling, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  uhhhh what the **** exactly is in it 4 floyd???

FLOYD MAYWEATHER, JR. is not a charity. Steroidgio Martinez can't sell tickets to save his life. he is a PPV disaster. that's why all his **** is free, and stilllllll nobody watches that ****!

so tell me, why would floyd give up 4 inches, and 15-20 lbs. in weight, when he'd be 100% of the drawing power????

setting the $$$ aside, what has P4P QUEEN Steroidgio Martinez done to earn a fight w/ floyd? let's see...

-- Martinez is 1-1 vs. a Paul Williams who we can all clearly sucks
                  -- Martinez is 0-1 vs. Margarito when he wasn't even using plaster
                  -- Martinez has a DRAW w/ Cintron!? hahahhahahaha.
                  What do you think would happen if Martinez tried to go to Showtime or get on the pitch at Yankee Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    It is extremely vast that's why I tried to use more recent fighters as examples. I really don't even like to compare the fighters of the early 1900's to today as they are often overrated because they fought hundreds of times. People overlook the fact that more than half of the time they were in with complete no hopers. Almost like a ranked sparring session.

Could Manny and Floyd fight four times a month against bums to bring up their record? Yes they could.
                    Old time fighters aren't ranked higher (the ones that are, obviouly not all of them are) because of the people they beat, not the fact they have a high win loss ratio.
                    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-23-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                      It's been a LONG time since a reigning Welterweight champion challenged a reinging Middleweight Champion...

Nunn vs Starling, right?
                      If my memory serves me correctly then yes I believe that was the last one.

Can't think of any others.

Comment

Working...
                      X