Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil hunter lies - there was no money in an adonis stevenson fight, so ward retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
    You're still fighting against facts. Your dear Kove is a racist, a liar, a ducker with no heart; not to mention Ward is a cheap shot cheater & also a ducker. The thing they have in common is, they both duck Stevenson.
    See, that's the problem when fanatics thinks with their heart instead of their brain, they get it all wrong.
    Don't worry P, I'm here to fix that. I mean, to bring you back on the right track.
    Starting to think your a Mirko Troll Cop alt with your nonsensical replies.

Few cats even care about Stevenson to hate on him these days lol. He's made himself irrelevant even as a lineal "champion" somehow. Stevenson's career trajectory the last few years is an example of what not to do for other boxers.

Respect on him getting paid well for fighting guys beneath a linear title holder doe. But ultimately his legacy in the sport will be pennies on the dollar of what it coulda been if he'd fought a top 3 available opponent the last 2 or 3 years. And kinda like with Garcia and other cats I suspect these last few years won't have served him well and he'll be I'll prepared to handle the next top 3 caliber guy when that fight comes up.

As always and as usual for the last several years eventually Stevenson will get desperate enough and need to cash out and then we might actually see what Stevenson is capable of...but I'm not holding my breath cuz I suspect I'd get solid dog odds betting that Stevenson fights a top 3 available opponent in the next 12 mos.

Comment

Stevenson is the one ducking... why would ward fight kovalev twice but not stevenson ? Meanwhile who has stevenson fought ??

Comment

laughable that so-called knowledgeable fans still call fighters cowards and duckers

ward and wilder will fight anybody. ward has had his injuries- most recently his right knee....and there obviously wasn't enough money to motivate him

Comment

and let me get this straight, theres no money in fighting stevenson but there was money in fighting brand barrera rodriguez and smith? Ward didnt seem so money orientated when he tried to fight that bum which the governing bodies refused to sanction because it was such a mismatch....

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            Stevenson is the one ducking... why would ward fight kovalev twice but not stevenson ? Meanwhile who has stevenson fought ??
            I'll copy/paste someone else answer, just for you...

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            The facts do not support your position. HBO had the last right of refusal. It was Haymon's job to get his client the biggest offer possible and all HBO had to do was match and Stevenson would be contractually bound to HBO. Showtime offered Stevenson a reasonable sum to face Hopkins (who at the time was considered the tougher fight than Kovalev) and Stevenson accepted. Then all HBO had to do was match the offer and Stevenson would have been forced to fight Kovalev. HBO let Stevenson walk and let Stevenson-Kovalev dissolve over 50k. That was not Stevenson avoiding anything. That was HBO not wanting to spend market value for the fight.

Later on, Kovalev petitioned the WBC to be allowed to fight for the diamond title and to become Stevenson's mandatory. The WBC said okay.

The WBC ordered a purse bid for Stevenson vs Kovalev and Stevenson said no problem. Whoever offers the most money, I will gladly fight Kovalev. Kovalev's HBO contract had expired at the time.

HBO offered Kovalev a new contract on the condition that he pull out of the Stevenson fight. Kovalev refused to honor the deal with the WBC to fight Stevenson and vacated his diamond title to duck Stevenson.

We're not criticizing Kovalev for it. He did what he thought was best for his career. But it's on the record, plain as day, that Stevenson & Kovalev were ordered to fight each other, at Kovalev's request, and as soon as Stevenson said yes, Kovalev changed his mind.

This is all easily verifiable public information. If you were not aware of these facts, we'd be happy to supply links to reputable sources. Let us know if you need any help verifying this information.

Comment

Working...
            X